Illinois plant shifts some operations to Blue Mountain
by Ross Reily
Published: June 1,2012
MOUNDS, Ill. — A maker of industrial floor absorbent and cat litter products is moving that production from southern Illinois’ Pulaski County to Mississippi.
WSIL-TV reports that Oil-Dri Corp. of America announced the move involving its plant in Mounds this week.
Oil-Dri says as many as 40 workers in Mounds will be affected, although some employees might be considered for transfers to Mississippi.
The company says it still plans to produce its animal health and nutrition lines in Mounds.
Oil-Dri has two facilities in Tippah County, Miss. As of last year, the company had 150 employees in Blue Mountain and Ripley. The company last year finished a $9 million expansion and upgrade at the Blue Mountain plant.
The company makes Cat’s Pride cat litter. It began manufacturing in Tippah County in 1963.
Oil-Dri said Wednesday that it will shift its industrial floor absorbent and cat litter product manufacturing to Tippah County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge