Dumas receives accolade
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Jeremiah Dumas, an assistant research professor at Mississippi State University who leads the land-grant institution’s sustainability initiatives, has been recognized by the Tennessee Valley Authority and Southern Alliance for Clean Energy as a “Campus Sustainability Pioneer” as part of the Green Power Switch Leadership Awards recognition program.
The Students for a Sustainable Campus organization nominated Dumas, an MSU alumnus. SSC’s president, senior geosciences major Elizabeth A. “Liz” Kazal of Ocean Springs, also attended the TVA awards program in Memphis, Tenn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center