Golson joins faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Dr. Brett Golson, senior pastor at First Baptist Church of Louisville, recently joined the William Carey University faculty and staff as coordinator of bi-vocational programs and assistant professor of religion. Following his service in the U.S. Marine Corps, he obtained his B.S. in history and political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and his B.A. in religion from WCU. Golson then graduated from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) with two master’s degrees, master of divinity and master of theology, and a Ph.D. in preaching. He has extensive experience in conducting leadership conferences and leading missions in the United States and Canada as well as in five foreign countries.
Golson was an adjunct faculty member at NOBTS in 2005, and has served as an adjunct faculty member at Mississippi State University since 2010. In 2011, he was president of the Mississippi Baptist Pastors Conference.
Golson and his wife, Karen Rayburn Golson (a WCU graduate), have four children. Two of their sons and one daughter-in-law are WCU graduates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion