Golson joins faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Dr. Brett Golson, senior pastor at First Baptist Church of Louisville, recently joined the William Carey University faculty and staff as coordinator of bi-vocational programs and assistant professor of religion. Following his service in the U.S. Marine Corps, he obtained his B.S. in history and political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and his B.A. in religion from WCU. Golson then graduated from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) with two master’s degrees, master of divinity and master of theology, and a Ph.D. in preaching. He has extensive experience in conducting leadership conferences and leading missions in the United States and Canada as well as in five foreign countries.
Golson was an adjunct faculty member at NOBTS in 2005, and has served as an adjunct faculty member at Mississippi State University since 2010. In 2011, he was president of the Mississippi Baptist Pastors Conference.
Golson and his wife, Karen Rayburn Golson (a WCU graduate), have four children. Two of their sons and one daughter-in-law are WCU graduates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015