Golson joins faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Dr. Brett Golson, senior pastor at First Baptist Church of Louisville, recently joined the William Carey University faculty and staff as coordinator of bi-vocational programs and assistant professor of religion. Following his service in the U.S. Marine Corps, he obtained his B.S. in history and political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and his B.A. in religion from WCU. Golson then graduated from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) with two master’s degrees, master of divinity and master of theology, and a Ph.D. in preaching. He has extensive experience in conducting leadership conferences and leading missions in the United States and Canada as well as in five foreign countries.
Golson was an adjunct faculty member at NOBTS in 2005, and has served as an adjunct faculty member at Mississippi State University since 2010. In 2011, he was president of the Mississippi Baptist Pastors Conference.
Golson and his wife, Karen Rayburn Golson (a WCU graduate), have four children. Two of their sons and one daughter-in-law are WCU graduates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi