Golson joins faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Dr. Brett Golson, senior pastor at First Baptist Church of Louisville, recently joined the William Carey University faculty and staff as coordinator of bi-vocational programs and assistant professor of religion. Following his service in the U.S. Marine Corps, he obtained his B.S. in history and political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and his B.A. in religion from WCU. Golson then graduated from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) with two master’s degrees, master of divinity and master of theology, and a Ph.D. in preaching. He has extensive experience in conducting leadership conferences and leading missions in the United States and Canada as well as in five foreign countries.
Golson was an adjunct faculty member at NOBTS in 2005, and has served as an adjunct faculty member at Mississippi State University since 2010. In 2011, he was president of the Mississippi Baptist Pastors Conference.
Golson and his wife, Karen Rayburn Golson (a WCU graduate), have four children. Two of their sons and one daughter-in-law are WCU graduates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete