Golson joins faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Dr. Brett Golson, senior pastor at First Baptist Church of Louisville, recently joined the William Carey University faculty and staff as coordinator of bi-vocational programs and assistant professor of religion. Following his service in the U.S. Marine Corps, he obtained his B.S. in history and political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and his B.A. in religion from WCU. Golson then graduated from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) with two master’s degrees, master of divinity and master of theology, and a Ph.D. in preaching. He has extensive experience in conducting leadership conferences and leading missions in the United States and Canada as well as in five foreign countries.
Golson was an adjunct faculty member at NOBTS in 2005, and has served as an adjunct faculty member at Mississippi State University since 2010. In 2011, he was president of the Mississippi Baptist Pastors Conference.
Golson and his wife, Karen Rayburn Golson (a WCU graduate), have four children. Two of their sons and one daughter-in-law are WCU graduates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62