Matthews accepts award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Delta State University’s College of Business recently awarded the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award to associate professor of economics Dr. Michelle Matthews. A native of Tunica, Matthews graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1997 with a degree in banking and finance and in 2003 she received her PhD. in economics. She has been working at Delta State since 2001.
The primary classes she teaches are microeconomics and macroeconomics at the undergrad level and public finance and managerial economics at the graduate level. She has also taught international trade and finance, economic development, health economics, money and banking and finance.
In addition to her teaching duties, Matthews serves as the associate director of the Delta State University Center for Economic Education and Research. She also serves on the MBA and IMBA Curriculum Committee and as the outreach coordinator of the Study Abroad Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option