Matthews accepts award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Delta State University’s College of Business recently awarded the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award to associate professor of economics Dr. Michelle Matthews. A native of Tunica, Matthews graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1997 with a degree in banking and finance and in 2003 she received her PhD. in economics. She has been working at Delta State since 2001.
The primary classes she teaches are microeconomics and macroeconomics at the undergrad level and public finance and managerial economics at the graduate level. She has also taught international trade and finance, economic development, health economics, money and banking and finance.
In addition to her teaching duties, Matthews serves as the associate director of the Delta State University Center for Economic Education and Research. She also serves on the MBA and IMBA Curriculum Committee and as the outreach coordinator of the Study Abroad Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal