Matthews accepts award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Delta State University’s College of Business recently awarded the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award to associate professor of economics Dr. Michelle Matthews. A native of Tunica, Matthews graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1997 with a degree in banking and finance and in 2003 she received her PhD. in economics. She has been working at Delta State since 2001.
The primary classes she teaches are microeconomics and macroeconomics at the undergrad level and public finance and managerial economics at the graduate level. She has also taught international trade and finance, economic development, health economics, money and banking and finance.
In addition to her teaching duties, Matthews serves as the associate director of the Delta State University Center for Economic Education and Research. She also serves on the MBA and IMBA Curriculum Committee and as the outreach coordinator of the Study Abroad Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet