Matthews accepts award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Delta State University’s College of Business recently awarded the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award to associate professor of economics Dr. Michelle Matthews. A native of Tunica, Matthews graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1997 with a degree in banking and finance and in 2003 she received her PhD. in economics. She has been working at Delta State since 2001.
The primary classes she teaches are microeconomics and macroeconomics at the undergrad level and public finance and managerial economics at the graduate level. She has also taught international trade and finance, economic development, health economics, money and banking and finance.
In addition to her teaching duties, Matthews serves as the associate director of the Delta State University Center for Economic Education and Research. She also serves on the MBA and IMBA Curriculum Committee and as the outreach coordinator of the Study Abroad Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues