Matthews accepts award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Delta State University’s College of Business recently awarded the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award to associate professor of economics Dr. Michelle Matthews. A native of Tunica, Matthews graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1997 with a degree in banking and finance and in 2003 she received her PhD. in economics. She has been working at Delta State since 2001.
The primary classes she teaches are microeconomics and macroeconomics at the undergrad level and public finance and managerial economics at the graduate level. She has also taught international trade and finance, economic development, health economics, money and banking and finance.
In addition to her teaching duties, Matthews serves as the associate director of the Delta State University Center for Economic Education and Research. She also serves on the MBA and IMBA Curriculum Committee and as the outreach coordinator of the Study Abroad Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials