Nations named administrator
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Robert Nations Jr. of Jackson has been appointed administrator of the Mississippi Court of Appeals. Nations has worked for the state court system for 11 years. He served as editor of opinions for the Court of Appeals for the past four years. He was senior law clerk for former Supreme Court Justice Chuck Easley for seven years.
Nations worked for a year as a staff attorney for the Department of Human Services, managing a voluminous caseload in Scott, Simpson and Smith counties. He previously worked for six years as office administrator and associate attorney at the Easley Law Firm in Columbus. During that time he also served as Judge Pro Tem in the Lowndes County Youth Court, guardian ad litem, special prosecutor and special public defender.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending