Nations named administrator
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Robert Nations Jr. of Jackson has been appointed administrator of the Mississippi Court of Appeals. Nations has worked for the state court system for 11 years. He served as editor of opinions for the Court of Appeals for the past four years. He was senior law clerk for former Supreme Court Justice Chuck Easley for seven years.
Nations worked for a year as a staff attorney for the Department of Human Services, managing a voluminous caseload in Scott, Simpson and Smith counties. He previously worked for six years as office administrator and associate attorney at the Easley Law Firm in Columbus. During that time he also served as Judge Pro Tem in the Lowndes County Youth Court, guardian ad litem, special prosecutor and special public defender.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force