Nations named administrator
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Robert Nations Jr. of Jackson has been appointed administrator of the Mississippi Court of Appeals. Nations has worked for the state court system for 11 years. He served as editor of opinions for the Court of Appeals for the past four years. He was senior law clerk for former Supreme Court Justice Chuck Easley for seven years.
Nations worked for a year as a staff attorney for the Department of Human Services, managing a voluminous caseload in Scott, Simpson and Smith counties. He previously worked for six years as office administrator and associate attorney at the Easley Law Firm in Columbus. During that time he also served as Judge Pro Tem in the Lowndes County Youth Court, guardian ad litem, special prosecutor and special public defender.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years