Nurses receive awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Highland Community Hospital recently honored three nurses as Nurse of the Year, We C.A.R.E. Nurse of the Year and Rookie Nurse of the Year. Nurse of the Year was awarded to Janelle Imhoff, RN, who works in Highland’s Obstetrics Unit. Melissa Elrod, RN, who works in the hospital’s Medical Surgical Unit, was honored as We C.A.R.E. Nurse of the Year. Rookie Nurse of the Year, awarded to a nurse who has only worked at the hospital for a short time, was given to Amy Leah Sheasby, RN, who also works in obstetrics.
Forrest General Hospital also honored three nurses. Clinical Nurse of the Year was awarded to Melissa Suchy, RN, who works on the 4T patient care area. Suchy, who has been at Forrest General since 2006, cares for patients under telemetry observation, monitoring heart rhythm and rate. Amy Carpenter, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Education Department, was honored as the hospital’s Non-Clinical Nurse of the Year. Carpenter joined Forrest General’s staff in 2000 and currently serves as a clinical educator for the Intensive Care Unit. Madelyn Trosclair, RN, a labor and delivery nurse who has been with Forrest General since 2004, was honored as this year’s Patient Choice Winner. This award is given to one nurse each year and is based on nominations from community members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions