Two join board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Pat Chism and Seldon Van Cleve were recently appointed to the Advisory Board of Planters Bank. Chism is a native of Forrest City, Ark., and received his master’s electrical license while working for Hurt Electric in Forrest City. He formed Irrigation Equipment and relocated the company to Indianola in 1984. In 2000, he formed Irrigation Fitting Inc and also is in the catfish farming industry. All three businesses employ over 70 people.
Chism is a member of First Baptist Church and serves on the Indianola Academy School Board. He is married to Kathy, and they are the parents of Mallory Chism, Jessica Simmons and John Landen Chism. They have three grandchildren, John Clayton Chism, Kathryn Layne Chism and Patton Dodd Simmons.
Van Cleve is a native of Indianola. Van Cleve received a BBA from the University of Mississippi. He is the president of Van Cleve Insurance Agency Inc, and was recently appointed to the Executive Committee for the Independent Insurance Agents of Mississippi.
Van Cleve has served as president of the Mississippi Young Insurance Agents Association, Mississippi Yazoo Delta Local Agents Association and Indianola Rotary Club. He is currently serving as a board member for the Indianola Baseball Association and has served as a director for Indianola Chamber of Commerce. He was on the planning committee of Chism Park and was a Commissioner for the Indianola Baseball Association.
Van Cleve is married to the former Michelle Woods of Greenville, and they have three sons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years