Weber, Knight recognized
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 3,2012
Eric T. Weber, assistant professor of public policy leadership at the University of Mississippi, and Dewey Knight, associate director of financial aid at UM, have been selected as this year’s Frist Student Service Award honorees in recognition of their exceptional service to students. They were chosen from among dozens of nominees, submitted by students, alumni, faculty and staff. A chancellor’s committee weighed all the nominations and made the picks.
Weber joined the public policy leadership department faculty in 2007, after teaching in graduate school two years on the faculty at Ohio University and three years at Southern Illinois University. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University, a master’s from Ohio University and a doctorate from Southern Illinois University. Weber is executive director of the Society of Philosophers in America and chair of the American Philosophical Association’s Committee on Public Philosophy.
Knight has been employed at UM financial aid since 1997. He was named student loan manager before being promoted to his present post in 2003. The UM alumnus holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration, master’s in higher education/student personnel and is completing a doctoral degree in higher education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation