Energy Center head, Glen Steele, retiring after 33 years at MSU
Published: June 4,2012
STARKVILLE — The director of Mississippi State University’s Sustainable Energy Research Center is retiring. That position is just one of many that Glen Steele has held in 33 years at the university.
He says that finding new energy sources and ways to be more efficient with energy have been lifelong interests for him.
He says that of all the jobs he has held at MSU, he particularly enjoyed his 18 years as head of the mechanical engineering department.
His retirement ceremony is scheduled Wednesday afternoon at the Energy Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015