Energy Center head, Glen Steele, retiring after 33 years at MSU
Published: June 4,2012
STARKVILLE — The director of Mississippi State University’s Sustainable Energy Research Center is retiring. That position is just one of many that Glen Steele has held in 33 years at the university.
He says that finding new energy sources and ways to be more efficient with energy have been lifelong interests for him.
He says that of all the jobs he has held at MSU, he particularly enjoyed his 18 years as head of the mechanical engineering department.
His retirement ceremony is scheduled Wednesday afternoon at the Energy Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money