Energy Center head, Glen Steele, retiring after 33 years at MSU
Published: June 4,2012
STARKVILLE — The director of Mississippi State University’s Sustainable Energy Research Center is retiring. That position is just one of many that Glen Steele has held in 33 years at the university.
He says that finding new energy sources and ways to be more efficient with energy have been lifelong interests for him.
He says that of all the jobs he has held at MSU, he particularly enjoyed his 18 years as head of the mechanical engineering department.
His retirement ceremony is scheduled Wednesday afternoon at the Energy Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities