Energy Center head, Glen Steele, retiring after 33 years at MSU
Published: June 4,2012
STARKVILLE — The director of Mississippi State University’s Sustainable Energy Research Center is retiring. That position is just one of many that Glen Steele has held in 33 years at the university.
He says that finding new energy sources and ways to be more efficient with energy have been lifelong interests for him.
He says that of all the jobs he has held at MSU, he particularly enjoyed his 18 years as head of the mechanical engineering department.
His retirement ceremony is scheduled Wednesday afternoon at the Energy Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62