Mississippi Power to issue refunds
Published: June 4,2012
HATTIESBURG — Mississippi Power Co. customers should find some relief on the bottom line of their most recent electric bill.
Customers will receive a refund of varying amounts. The rebate is part of an order from the Public Service Commissioner where interest from deposits is credited back to customers’ bills.
Mississippi Power officials say the last time customers saw this credit was in 2009 and the next time will be in 2015.
Mississippi Power customers saw a reduction of $2.20 per 1,000-kilowatt in February bills due to lower fuel costs. Average usage for a customer is considered 1,000 kilowatts
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds