Mississippi Power to issue refunds
by Associated Press
Published: June 4,2012
HATTIESBURG — Mississippi Power Co. customers should find some relief on the bottom line of their most recent electric bill.
Customers will receive a refund of varying amounts. The rebate is part of an order from the Public Service Commissioner where interest from deposits is credited back to customers’ bills.
Mississippi Power officials say the last time customers saw this credit was in 2009 and the next time will be in 2015.
Mississippi Power customers saw a reduction of $2.20 per 1,000-kilowatt in February bills due to lower fuel costs. Average usage for a customer is considered 1,000 kilowatts
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line