Mississippi Power to issue refunds
Published: June 4,2012
HATTIESBURG — Mississippi Power Co. customers should find some relief on the bottom line of their most recent electric bill.
Customers will receive a refund of varying amounts. The rebate is part of an order from the Public Service Commissioner where interest from deposits is credited back to customers’ bills.
Mississippi Power officials say the last time customers saw this credit was in 2009 and the next time will be in 2015.
Mississippi Power customers saw a reduction of $2.20 per 1,000-kilowatt in February bills due to lower fuel costs. Average usage for a customer is considered 1,000 kilowatts
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money