Mississippi Power to issue refunds
by Associated Press
Published: June 4,2012
HATTIESBURG — Mississippi Power Co. customers should find some relief on the bottom line of their most recent electric bill.
Customers will receive a refund of varying amounts. The rebate is part of an order from the Public Service Commissioner where interest from deposits is credited back to customers’ bills.
Mississippi Power officials say the last time customers saw this credit was in 2009 and the next time will be in 2015.
Mississippi Power customers saw a reduction of $2.20 per 1,000-kilowatt in February bills due to lower fuel costs. Average usage for a customer is considered 1,000 kilowatts
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker