OSHA cites AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland
by Associated Press
Published: June 5,2012
RICHLAND — AZZ Inc., doing business as AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland, has been cited by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration for 22 safety and health violations following a December inspection after OSHA received a complaint alleging hazards.
Officials said Monday that 17 serious safety and health violations cited include failing to conduct inspections of lockout/tagout procedures; protect workers from trip and fall hazards and protect employees from live electrical parts and hot surfaces. Additional violations involve unapproved electrical cords in wet locations.
Proposed penalties total $78,500.
AZZ Inc., based in Fort Worth, Texas, offers corrosion protective services. The company has 15 business days to comply, request a conference with OSHA’s area director or contest the findings before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability