OSHA cites AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland
Published: June 5,2012
RICHLAND — AZZ Inc., doing business as AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland, has been cited by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration for 22 safety and health violations following a December inspection after OSHA received a complaint alleging hazards.
Officials said Monday that 17 serious safety and health violations cited include failing to conduct inspections of lockout/tagout procedures; protect workers from trip and fall hazards and protect employees from live electrical parts and hot surfaces. Additional violations involve unapproved electrical cords in wet locations.
Proposed penalties total $78,500.
AZZ Inc., based in Fort Worth, Texas, offers corrosion protective services. The company has 15 business days to comply, request a conference with OSHA’s area director or contest the findings before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County