OSHA cites AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland
Published: June 5,2012
RICHLAND — AZZ Inc., doing business as AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland, has been cited by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration for 22 safety and health violations following a December inspection after OSHA received a complaint alleging hazards.
Officials said Monday that 17 serious safety and health violations cited include failing to conduct inspections of lockout/tagout procedures; protect workers from trip and fall hazards and protect employees from live electrical parts and hot surfaces. Additional violations involve unapproved electrical cords in wet locations.
Proposed penalties total $78,500.
AZZ Inc., based in Fort Worth, Texas, offers corrosion protective services. The company has 15 business days to comply, request a conference with OSHA’s area director or contest the findings before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease
- State officials identify first flu case this season