OSHA cites AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland
Published: June 5,2012
RICHLAND — AZZ Inc., doing business as AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland, has been cited by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration for 22 safety and health violations following a December inspection after OSHA received a complaint alleging hazards.
Officials said Monday that 17 serious safety and health violations cited include failing to conduct inspections of lockout/tagout procedures; protect workers from trip and fall hazards and protect employees from live electrical parts and hot surfaces. Additional violations involve unapproved electrical cords in wet locations.
Proposed penalties total $78,500.
AZZ Inc., based in Fort Worth, Texas, offers corrosion protective services. The company has 15 business days to comply, request a conference with OSHA’s area director or contest the findings before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast