OSHA cites AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland
Published: June 5,2012
RICHLAND — AZZ Inc., doing business as AZZ Galvanizing Services in Richland, has been cited by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration for 22 safety and health violations following a December inspection after OSHA received a complaint alleging hazards.
Officials said Monday that 17 serious safety and health violations cited include failing to conduct inspections of lockout/tagout procedures; protect workers from trip and fall hazards and protect employees from live electrical parts and hot surfaces. Additional violations involve unapproved electrical cords in wet locations.
Proposed penalties total $78,500.
AZZ Inc., based in Fort Worth, Texas, offers corrosion protective services. The company has 15 business days to comply, request a conference with OSHA’s area director or contest the findings before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow