Morgan Keegan funds to be distributed in Mississippi
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says about 1,600 Mississippians have until June 16 to file claims for what they are owed by Morgan Keegan.
A.B. Data Ltd. is distributing money from settlements with Morgan Keegan & Co. and Morgan Asset Management to investors in Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee.
The settlements resulted from an investigation of seven bond funds sold by Morgan Keegan to more than 30,000 investors. The firms were charged with sales violations and overvaluing the funds that lost approximately $1.5 billion in value between March 31, 2007, and March 31, 2008.
Hosemann tells the Sun Herald (http://bit.ly/KfwxXO) that the secretary of state’s website has a claims form. He says the names of individuals were not published because of privacy concerns.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'