Morgan Keegan funds to be distributed in Mississippi
by Associated Press
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says about 1,600 Mississippians have until June 16 to file claims for what they are owed by Morgan Keegan.
A.B. Data Ltd. is distributing money from settlements with Morgan Keegan & Co. and Morgan Asset Management to investors in Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee.
The settlements resulted from an investigation of seven bond funds sold by Morgan Keegan to more than 30,000 investors. The firms were charged with sales violations and overvaluing the funds that lost approximately $1.5 billion in value between March 31, 2007, and March 31, 2008.
Hosemann tells the Sun Herald (http://bit.ly/KfwxXO) that the secretary of state’s website has a claims form. He says the names of individuals were not published because of privacy concerns.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center