Morgan Keegan funds to be distributed in Mississippi
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says about 1,600 Mississippians have until June 16 to file claims for what they are owed by Morgan Keegan.
A.B. Data Ltd. is distributing money from settlements with Morgan Keegan & Co. and Morgan Asset Management to investors in Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee.
The settlements resulted from an investigation of seven bond funds sold by Morgan Keegan to more than 30,000 investors. The firms were charged with sales violations and overvaluing the funds that lost approximately $1.5 billion in value between March 31, 2007, and March 31, 2008.
Hosemann tells the Sun Herald (http://bit.ly/KfwxXO) that the secretary of state’s website has a claims form. He says the names of individuals were not published because of privacy concerns.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'