Morgan Keegan funds to be distributed in Mississippi
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says about 1,600 Mississippians have until June 16 to file claims for what they are owed by Morgan Keegan.
A.B. Data Ltd. is distributing money from settlements with Morgan Keegan & Co. and Morgan Asset Management to investors in Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee.
The settlements resulted from an investigation of seven bond funds sold by Morgan Keegan to more than 30,000 investors. The firms were charged with sales violations and overvaluing the funds that lost approximately $1.5 billion in value between March 31, 2007, and March 31, 2008.
Hosemann tells the Sun Herald (http://bit.ly/KfwxXO) that the secretary of state’s website has a claims form. He says the names of individuals were not published because of privacy concerns.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19