Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Puckett Machinery, a heavy equipment dealer that has been located in south Jackson since 1941, is relocating its headquarters and 200 employees to Flowood, a suburb east of the city.
Richard Puckett, Puckett Machinery’s chairman/CEO says that Flowood’s low crime rate and “business-friendly” environment prompted the decision.
The Caterpillar heavy equipment/rental services/engine dealer will build a $20 million to $30 million facility in Flowood. Site work started this week.
The new, 150,000-square-foot facility is expected to open in fall 2013.
Puckett says it was cheaper to build than to fully upgrade the existing building.
He says the Flowood site has easy access to major roads like U.S. Highways 80 and 49 and Interstate 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment