Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood
by Associated Press
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Puckett Machinery, a heavy equipment dealer that has been located in south Jackson since 1941, is relocating its headquarters and 200 employees to Flowood, a suburb east of the city.
Richard Puckett, Puckett Machinery’s chairman/CEO says that Flowood’s low crime rate and “business-friendly” environment prompted the decision.
The Caterpillar heavy equipment/rental services/engine dealer will build a $20 million to $30 million facility in Flowood. Site work started this week.
The new, 150,000-square-foot facility is expected to open in fall 2013.
Puckett says it was cheaper to build than to fully upgrade the existing building.
He says the Flowood site has easy access to major roads like U.S. Highways 80 and 49 and Interstate 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'