Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Puckett Machinery, a heavy equipment dealer that has been located in south Jackson since 1941, is relocating its headquarters and 200 employees to Flowood, a suburb east of the city.
Richard Puckett, Puckett Machinery’s chairman/CEO says that Flowood’s low crime rate and “business-friendly” environment prompted the decision.
The Caterpillar heavy equipment/rental services/engine dealer will build a $20 million to $30 million facility in Flowood. Site work started this week.
The new, 150,000-square-foot facility is expected to open in fall 2013.
Puckett says it was cheaper to build than to fully upgrade the existing building.
He says the Flowood site has easy access to major roads like U.S. Highways 80 and 49 and Interstate 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act