Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Puckett Machinery, a heavy equipment dealer that has been located in south Jackson since 1941, is relocating its headquarters and 200 employees to Flowood, a suburb east of the city.
Richard Puckett, Puckett Machinery’s chairman/CEO says that Flowood’s low crime rate and “business-friendly” environment prompted the decision.
The Caterpillar heavy equipment/rental services/engine dealer will build a $20 million to $30 million facility in Flowood. Site work started this week.
The new, 150,000-square-foot facility is expected to open in fall 2013.
Puckett says it was cheaper to build than to fully upgrade the existing building.
He says the Flowood site has easy access to major roads like U.S. Highways 80 and 49 and Interstate 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood”
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues