Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood
Published: June 6,2012
JACKSON — Puckett Machinery, a heavy equipment dealer that has been located in south Jackson since 1941, is relocating its headquarters and 200 employees to Flowood, a suburb east of the city.
Richard Puckett, Puckett Machinery’s chairman/CEO says that Flowood’s low crime rate and “business-friendly” environment prompted the decision.
The Caterpillar heavy equipment/rental services/engine dealer will build a $20 million to $30 million facility in Flowood. Site work started this week.
The new, 150,000-square-foot facility is expected to open in fall 2013.
Puckett says it was cheaper to build than to fully upgrade the existing building.
He says the Flowood site has easy access to major roads like U.S. Highways 80 and 49 and Interstate 20.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Puckett Machinery leaving Jackson for Flowood”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation