Tupelo sees increase in tourism revenue
by Associated Press
Published: June 6,2012
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal says figures release this week show that revenue has grown for seven of the eight months so far in this fiscal year.
March revenue, which is reported in May, grew 12.11 percent over March 2011. The city collected $339,748 for the month.
The revenue comes from a 2 percent tax on hotels, motels and restaurants. The Don’t Be Cruel BBQ Duel was among the events held in March and is being credited with helping to boost revenue.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years