Tupelo sees increase in tourism revenue
Published: June 6,2012
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal says figures release this week show that revenue has grown for seven of the eight months so far in this fiscal year.
March revenue, which is reported in May, grew 12.11 percent over March 2011. The city collected $339,748 for the month.
The revenue comes from a 2 percent tax on hotels, motels and restaurants. The Don’t Be Cruel BBQ Duel was among the events held in March and is being credited with helping to boost revenue.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal