Tupelo sees increase in tourism revenue
Published: June 6,2012
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal says figures release this week show that revenue has grown for seven of the eight months so far in this fiscal year.
March revenue, which is reported in May, grew 12.11 percent over March 2011. The city collected $339,748 for the month.
The revenue comes from a 2 percent tax on hotels, motels and restaurants. The Don’t Be Cruel BBQ Duel was among the events held in March and is being credited with helping to boost revenue.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey