Main Street to designate Como Downtown Network Member
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 7,2012
COMO — On June 11, the Mississippi Main Street Association (MMSA) will designate the City of Como as a Downtown Network Member of the association.
The designation will be held at 4:30 p.m. at 215 Main Street in downtown Como.
Como joins Long Beach, Winona, Belzoni, Eupora, Forest and the University of Mississippi Medical Center as Main Street Network Communities in Mississippi.
The Mississippi Main Street Downtown Network membership provides services for communities interested in being a catalyst for change in their downtowns. The network level provides a variety of learning opportunities to stakeholders with a role in the revitalization and preservation of Mississippi’s historic downtowns.
Downtown Network Membership is for communities with less than 1,000 in population or those just starting a downtown revitalization who wish to pursue full Main Street membership.
Downtown Network Communities may or may not have a paid staff member or board of directors that guides their activities, but they do have a Program Coordinator and steering group who are committed to being a catalyst for positive change and economic growth in their downtowns.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger