Main Street to designate Como Downtown Network Member
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 7,2012
COMO — On June 11, the Mississippi Main Street Association (MMSA) will designate the City of Como as a Downtown Network Member of the association.
The designation will be held at 4:30 p.m. at 215 Main Street in downtown Como.
Como joins Long Beach, Winona, Belzoni, Eupora, Forest and the University of Mississippi Medical Center as Main Street Network Communities in Mississippi.
The Mississippi Main Street Downtown Network membership provides services for communities interested in being a catalyst for change in their downtowns. The network level provides a variety of learning opportunities to stakeholders with a role in the revitalization and preservation of Mississippi’s historic downtowns.
Downtown Network Membership is for communities with less than 1,000 in population or those just starting a downtown revitalization who wish to pursue full Main Street membership.
Downtown Network Communities may or may not have a paid staff member or board of directors that guides their activities, but they do have a Program Coordinator and steering group who are committed to being a catalyst for positive change and economic growth in their downtowns.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money