Main Street to designate Como Downtown Network Member
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 7,2012
COMO — On June 11, the Mississippi Main Street Association (MMSA) will designate the City of Como as a Downtown Network Member of the association.
The designation will be held at 4:30 p.m. at 215 Main Street in downtown Como.
Como joins Long Beach, Winona, Belzoni, Eupora, Forest and the University of Mississippi Medical Center as Main Street Network Communities in Mississippi.
The Mississippi Main Street Downtown Network membership provides services for communities interested in being a catalyst for change in their downtowns. The network level provides a variety of learning opportunities to stakeholders with a role in the revitalization and preservation of Mississippi’s historic downtowns.
Downtown Network Membership is for communities with less than 1,000 in population or those just starting a downtown revitalization who wish to pursue full Main Street membership.
Downtown Network Communities may or may not have a paid staff member or board of directors that guides their activities, but they do have a Program Coordinator and steering group who are committed to being a catalyst for positive change and economic growth in their downtowns.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings