Hosemann urging investors to file claim for Morgan Keegan settlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 9,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Eligible investors face a June 16, 2012 deadline to file a claim for a portion of a multi-million dollar settlement with Morgan Keegan.
Last June, Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann negotiated a settlement on behalf of investors who invested in certain Morgan Keegan bond funds.
“These settlement funds will bring some relief to Mississippians who may have experienced certain financial hardship due to these investments. We want them to receive the money they deserve,” said Hosemann. “Failure to submit a claim by the deadline may cost these Mississippians thousands of dollars.”
Approximately 2,400 Mississippians are eligible to receive settlement funds and over 1,600 Mississippians still need to submit a claim by the June 16 deadline or they lose their settlement dollars.
Hosemann said, “Despite numerous attempts to contact the individuals eligible to receive settlement funds, over 1,600 eligible Mississippians need to file their claim before the June 16 deadline. We encourage these individuals to do so immediately.”
No late claims will be accepted. Claim forms are available on the Secretary of State Office’s website at www.sos.ms.gov/MorganKeegan. Investors may contact the company handling the claims process for the settlement, A.B. Data, toll free at 1-888-208-9083, or the Secretary of State’s Office at (601) 359-6742.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money