Hosemann urging investors to file claim for Morgan Keegan settlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 9,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Eligible investors face a June 16, 2012 deadline to file a claim for a portion of a multi-million dollar settlement with Morgan Keegan.
Last June, Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann negotiated a settlement on behalf of investors who invested in certain Morgan Keegan bond funds.
“These settlement funds will bring some relief to Mississippians who may have experienced certain financial hardship due to these investments. We want them to receive the money they deserve,” said Hosemann. “Failure to submit a claim by the deadline may cost these Mississippians thousands of dollars.”
Approximately 2,400 Mississippians are eligible to receive settlement funds and over 1,600 Mississippians still need to submit a claim by the June 16 deadline or they lose their settlement dollars.
Hosemann said, “Despite numerous attempts to contact the individuals eligible to receive settlement funds, over 1,600 eligible Mississippians need to file their claim before the June 16 deadline. We encourage these individuals to do so immediately.”
No late claims will be accepted. Claim forms are available on the Secretary of State Office’s website at www.sos.ms.gov/MorganKeegan. Investors may contact the company handling the claims process for the settlement, A.B. Data, toll free at 1-888-208-9083, or the Secretary of State’s Office at (601) 359-6742.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal