Adams receives award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
The Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents has named Mississippi State University’s Taylor V. Adams the state’s Purchasing Manager of the Year. Adams is a purchasing manager in the land-grant institution’s Office of Procurement and Contracts.
He was honored with the award because of his work to enhance efficiency and customer service, and also streamline the purchasing process for MSU employees and vendors. In addition, Adams has been instrumental in training staff, as well as leading “How to Do Business with MSU” information sessions for suppliers, contractors and service providers.
A 2001 MSU business administration/marketing graduate, Adams most recently served MAGPPA as president in 2011. In 2010, the Columbus native and Starkville resident earned the certified public purchasing officer credential from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council. He is also active in NIGP-The Institute for Public Procurement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development