Adams receives award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
The Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents has named Mississippi State University’s Taylor V. Adams the state’s Purchasing Manager of the Year. Adams is a purchasing manager in the land-grant institution’s Office of Procurement and Contracts.
He was honored with the award because of his work to enhance efficiency and customer service, and also streamline the purchasing process for MSU employees and vendors. In addition, Adams has been instrumental in training staff, as well as leading “How to Do Business with MSU” information sessions for suppliers, contractors and service providers.
A 2001 MSU business administration/marketing graduate, Adams most recently served MAGPPA as president in 2011. In 2010, the Columbus native and Starkville resident earned the certified public purchasing officer credential from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council. He is also active in NIGP-The Institute for Public Procurement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey