Adams receives award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
The Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents has named Mississippi State University’s Taylor V. Adams the state’s Purchasing Manager of the Year. Adams is a purchasing manager in the land-grant institution’s Office of Procurement and Contracts.
He was honored with the award because of his work to enhance efficiency and customer service, and also streamline the purchasing process for MSU employees and vendors. In addition, Adams has been instrumental in training staff, as well as leading “How to Do Business with MSU” information sessions for suppliers, contractors and service providers.
A 2001 MSU business administration/marketing graduate, Adams most recently served MAGPPA as president in 2011. In 2010, the Columbus native and Starkville resident earned the certified public purchasing officer credential from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council. He is also active in NIGP-The Institute for Public Procurement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast