Adams receives award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
The Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents has named Mississippi State University’s Taylor V. Adams the state’s Purchasing Manager of the Year. Adams is a purchasing manager in the land-grant institution’s Office of Procurement and Contracts.
He was honored with the award because of his work to enhance efficiency and customer service, and also streamline the purchasing process for MSU employees and vendors. In addition, Adams has been instrumental in training staff, as well as leading “How to Do Business with MSU” information sessions for suppliers, contractors and service providers.
A 2001 MSU business administration/marketing graduate, Adams most recently served MAGPPA as president in 2011. In 2010, the Columbus native and Starkville resident earned the certified public purchasing officer credential from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council. He is also active in NIGP-The Institute for Public Procurement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout