Board, officers named
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Tags: Frank Sutton, Jackie Chatmon, Jamie Peoples, Joey Craft, Linda Edison, Mississippi Association of Drug Court Professionals, Mississippi Department of Mental Health, Sammy Webb, Tamela Hardy, Tracy Swafford
Tracy Swafford of Cleveland has been elected president of the Mississippi Association of Drug Court Professionals. Swafford is drug court coordinator for the 11th Circuit Drug Court in Bolivar, Coahoma, Quitman and Tunica counties. She previously served as vice-president of MADCP.
Hinds County Justice Court Judge Frank Sutton is the new vice president of MADCP. Sutton supervises the Hinds County Justice Drug Court.
Tamela Hardy of Greenville was elected secretary. Hardy is case manager for the 4th Circuit Drug Court in Leflore, Sunflower and Washington counties. She previously served as an at-large member of the MADCP board of directors.
Jackie Chatmon of Jackson was elected treasurer. Chatmon is Transitional Outreach Project technical assistance coordinator at the Mississippi Department of Mental Health. She previously served as an at-large member of the MADCP board of directors.
New members of the MADCP board are: Linda Edison of Jackson, immediate past president of MADCP and director of the drug aftercare and outreach program Improving Quality of Life (IQOL); Sammy Webb of Senatobia, coordinator of the DeSoto County Youth Drug Court; and, Jamie Peoples of Moss Point, coordinator of the Jackson County Youth Drug Court. Joey Craft of Clinton, state drug court coordinator, is an ex-officio member of the board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House