Clarks give gift
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Kenny Clark and his sister, Rhonda Clark, have given a $50,000 gift creating two endowments at the University of Mississippi to benefit School of Pharmacy. The McKinley R. Clark Faculty Support Endowment, named for the siblings’ father, McKinley Clark, a pharmacist and UM graduate will provide funds to the pharmacy school for faculty support, while the McKinley R. Clark Scholarship Endowment will offer financial assistance to pharmacy students, with first preference going to residents of Jackson, Harrison and Hancock counties.
Kenny and Rhonda are both pharmacists and UM alumni, too. They worked after school every day in the pharmacy founded by their dad and their late mother in 1964.
Kenny Clark graduated from the pharmacy school in 1980, and his sister earned her degree there in 1986. As the family business expanded, the three of them owned, at one point, seven stores incorporated under the name Sav-Rex.
McKinley Clark’s daughter from his second marriage, Amanda Erin Clark, also earned her degree in pharmacy administration from UM, as did her mother, Nanette Clark, and Dempsey Levi, the Clark family’s business partner in the Sav-Rex stores.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Clarks give gift”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal