Clarks give gift
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Kenny Clark and his sister, Rhonda Clark, have given a $50,000 gift creating two endowments at the University of Mississippi to benefit School of Pharmacy. The McKinley R. Clark Faculty Support Endowment, named for the siblings’ father, McKinley Clark, a pharmacist and UM graduate will provide funds to the pharmacy school for faculty support, while the McKinley R. Clark Scholarship Endowment will offer financial assistance to pharmacy students, with first preference going to residents of Jackson, Harrison and Hancock counties.
Kenny and Rhonda are both pharmacists and UM alumni, too. They worked after school every day in the pharmacy founded by their dad and their late mother in 1964.
Kenny Clark graduated from the pharmacy school in 1980, and his sister earned her degree there in 1986. As the family business expanded, the three of them owned, at one point, seven stores incorporated under the name Sav-Rex.
McKinley Clark’s daughter from his second marriage, Amanda Erin Clark, also earned her degree in pharmacy administration from UM, as did her mother, Nanette Clark, and Dempsey Levi, the Clark family’s business partner in the Sav-Rex stores.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Clarks give gift”
Top Posts & Pages
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues