Clarks give gift
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Kenny Clark and his sister, Rhonda Clark, have given a $50,000 gift creating two endowments at the University of Mississippi to benefit School of Pharmacy. The McKinley R. Clark Faculty Support Endowment, named for the siblings’ father, McKinley Clark, a pharmacist and UM graduate will provide funds to the pharmacy school for faculty support, while the McKinley R. Clark Scholarship Endowment will offer financial assistance to pharmacy students, with first preference going to residents of Jackson, Harrison and Hancock counties.
Kenny and Rhonda are both pharmacists and UM alumni, too. They worked after school every day in the pharmacy founded by their dad and their late mother in 1964.
Kenny Clark graduated from the pharmacy school in 1980, and his sister earned her degree there in 1986. As the family business expanded, the three of them owned, at one point, seven stores incorporated under the name Sav-Rex.
McKinley Clark’s daughter from his second marriage, Amanda Erin Clark, also earned her degree in pharmacy administration from UM, as did her mother, Nanette Clark, and Dempsey Levi, the Clark family’s business partner in the Sav-Rex stores.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center