CMMC taps Watts
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Wendell Watts recently joined Central Mississippi Medical Center as the new director of security. Watts comes to CMMC from the Jackson Police Department, where he served with honor for 20 years, most recently as commander for Precinct Four, which includes north Jackson and the thriving Fondren district.
During his tenure at JPD, Watts led multiple divisions within the department, including the Jackson Police Department’s Gun Unit, Narcotics Division, Burglary Division, Auto Theft and Forgery Division. After being promoted to commander, he was instrumental in decreasing crime rates in his precinct as part of the city’s revitalization efforts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building