CMMC taps Watts
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Wendell Watts recently joined Central Mississippi Medical Center as the new director of security. Watts comes to CMMC from the Jackson Police Department, where he served with honor for 20 years, most recently as commander for Precinct Four, which includes north Jackson and the thriving Fondren district.
During his tenure at JPD, Watts led multiple divisions within the department, including the Jackson Police Department’s Gun Unit, Narcotics Division, Burglary Division, Auto Theft and Forgery Division. After being promoted to commander, he was instrumental in decreasing crime rates in his precinct as part of the city’s revitalization efforts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'