CMMC taps Watts
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Wendell Watts recently joined Central Mississippi Medical Center as the new director of security. Watts comes to CMMC from the Jackson Police Department, where he served with honor for 20 years, most recently as commander for Precinct Four, which includes north Jackson and the thriving Fondren district.
During his tenure at JPD, Watts led multiple divisions within the department, including the Jackson Police Department’s Gun Unit, Narcotics Division, Burglary Division, Auto Theft and Forgery Division. After being promoted to commander, he was instrumental in decreasing crime rates in his precinct as part of the city’s revitalization efforts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- The link between education and economic development
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing