CMMC taps Watts
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Wendell Watts recently joined Central Mississippi Medical Center as the new director of security. Watts comes to CMMC from the Jackson Police Department, where he served with honor for 20 years, most recently as commander for Precinct Four, which includes north Jackson and the thriving Fondren district.
During his tenure at JPD, Watts led multiple divisions within the department, including the Jackson Police Department’s Gun Unit, Narcotics Division, Burglary Division, Auto Theft and Forgery Division. After being promoted to commander, he was instrumental in decreasing crime rates in his precinct as part of the city’s revitalization efforts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter