CMMC taps Watts
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Wendell Watts recently joined Central Mississippi Medical Center as the new director of security. Watts comes to CMMC from the Jackson Police Department, where he served with honor for 20 years, most recently as commander for Precinct Four, which includes north Jackson and the thriving Fondren district.
During his tenure at JPD, Watts led multiple divisions within the department, including the Jackson Police Department’s Gun Unit, Narcotics Division, Burglary Division, Auto Theft and Forgery Division. After being promoted to commander, he was instrumental in decreasing crime rates in his precinct as part of the city’s revitalization efforts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful