Matheson leaving board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Life long educator and Pass Christian superintendent Dr. Sue Matheson has relinquished her post on the Mississippi Board of Education. Matheson had served on the board for nearly three years after her appointment by former Gov. Haley Barbour.
Matheson has led the Pass Christian School District for 10 years. During this time, her schools and district have won numerous awards for academic achievement including the distinction of Mississippi’s highest level of performance (Star District) for three consecutive years.
Matheson has served on the state board as the school administrator member.
She will retire as superintendent of Pass Christian Schools at the end of May.
Gov. Phil Bryant recently appointed assistant superintendent of education for Rankin County Schools Richard Morrison to serve the unexpired term. Morrison begins his service in June.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet