Matheson leaving board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Life long educator and Pass Christian superintendent Dr. Sue Matheson has relinquished her post on the Mississippi Board of Education. Matheson had served on the board for nearly three years after her appointment by former Gov. Haley Barbour.
Matheson has led the Pass Christian School District for 10 years. During this time, her schools and district have won numerous awards for academic achievement including the distinction of Mississippi’s highest level of performance (Star District) for three consecutive years.
Matheson has served on the state board as the school administrator member.
She will retire as superintendent of Pass Christian Schools at the end of May.
Gov. Phil Bryant recently appointed assistant superintendent of education for Rankin County Schools Richard Morrison to serve the unexpired term. Morrison begins his service in June.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job