Matheson leaving board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Life long educator and Pass Christian superintendent Dr. Sue Matheson has relinquished her post on the Mississippi Board of Education. Matheson had served on the board for nearly three years after her appointment by former Gov. Haley Barbour.
Matheson has led the Pass Christian School District for 10 years. During this time, her schools and district have won numerous awards for academic achievement including the distinction of Mississippi’s highest level of performance (Star District) for three consecutive years.
Matheson has served on the state board as the school administrator member.
She will retire as superintendent of Pass Christian Schools at the end of May.
Gov. Phil Bryant recently appointed assistant superintendent of education for Rankin County Schools Richard Morrison to serve the unexpired term. Morrison begins his service in June.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal