Matheson leaving board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Life long educator and Pass Christian superintendent Dr. Sue Matheson has relinquished her post on the Mississippi Board of Education. Matheson had served on the board for nearly three years after her appointment by former Gov. Haley Barbour.
Matheson has led the Pass Christian School District for 10 years. During this time, her schools and district have won numerous awards for academic achievement including the distinction of Mississippi’s highest level of performance (Star District) for three consecutive years.
Matheson has served on the state board as the school administrator member.
She will retire as superintendent of Pass Christian Schools at the end of May.
Gov. Phil Bryant recently appointed assistant superintendent of education for Rankin County Schools Richard Morrison to serve the unexpired term. Morrison begins his service in June.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month