Matheson leaving board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Life long educator and Pass Christian superintendent Dr. Sue Matheson has relinquished her post on the Mississippi Board of Education. Matheson had served on the board for nearly three years after her appointment by former Gov. Haley Barbour.
Matheson has led the Pass Christian School District for 10 years. During this time, her schools and district have won numerous awards for academic achievement including the distinction of Mississippi’s highest level of performance (Star District) for three consecutive years.
Matheson has served on the state board as the school administrator member.
She will retire as superintendent of Pass Christian Schools at the end of May.
Gov. Phil Bryant recently appointed assistant superintendent of education for Rankin County Schools Richard Morrison to serve the unexpired term. Morrison begins his service in June.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus