Reeves named dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
After more than two years of service as interim dean, Dr. Gary Reeves of Brandon has been appointed dean of the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry. Reeves took over as the school’s leader after interim dean Dr. Butch Gilbert stepped down in February 2010. He first came to the School of Dentistry as a student in 1980, after serving four years in the U.S. Army. Upon graduation and the completion of a general practice residency, Reeves joined the faculty as an instructor in restorative dentistry in 1985.
He has served as professor of Care Planning and Restorative Sciences since 1996. Reeves served in Iraq in 2004 with the Mississippi Army National Guard, Dental Corps, and more recently has overseen renovations for a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory on the fourth floor of the school.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route