Reeves named dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
After more than two years of service as interim dean, Dr. Gary Reeves of Brandon has been appointed dean of the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry. Reeves took over as the school’s leader after interim dean Dr. Butch Gilbert stepped down in February 2010. He first came to the School of Dentistry as a student in 1980, after serving four years in the U.S. Army. Upon graduation and the completion of a general practice residency, Reeves joined the faculty as an instructor in restorative dentistry in 1985.
He has served as professor of Care Planning and Restorative Sciences since 1996. Reeves served in Iraq in 2004 with the Mississippi Army National Guard, Dental Corps, and more recently has overseen renovations for a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory on the fourth floor of the school.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals