Reeves named dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
After more than two years of service as interim dean, Dr. Gary Reeves of Brandon has been appointed dean of the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry. Reeves took over as the school’s leader after interim dean Dr. Butch Gilbert stepped down in February 2010. He first came to the School of Dentistry as a student in 1980, after serving four years in the U.S. Army. Upon graduation and the completion of a general practice residency, Reeves joined the faculty as an instructor in restorative dentistry in 1985.
He has served as professor of Care Planning and Restorative Sciences since 1996. Reeves served in Iraq in 2004 with the Mississippi Army National Guard, Dental Corps, and more recently has overseen renovations for a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory on the fourth floor of the school.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium