Watkins earns promotion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Carol Watkins was recently promoted to chief of the resource management office with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District office. Watkins, as resource management officer, will be responsible for developing and administering all district-level resource management and financial management activities. Being a certified defense financial manager, she will provide budget and financial guidance and manpower management to the district, senior management and the commander. She will formulate and issue policies addressing resource management issues.
A native of Vicksburg, she earned her bachelor of business administration degree in accounting from Delta State University. She began her career with the Corps as an operating accountant, with her most recent position being chief of the Budget, Manpower and Management Branch of the Resource Management Office.
A member of the American Society of Military Comptrollers, she is married to Gordon Watkins and they have one son.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities