Watkins earns promotion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Carol Watkins was recently promoted to chief of the resource management office with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District office. Watkins, as resource management officer, will be responsible for developing and administering all district-level resource management and financial management activities. Being a certified defense financial manager, she will provide budget and financial guidance and manpower management to the district, senior management and the commander. She will formulate and issue policies addressing resource management issues.
A native of Vicksburg, she earned her bachelor of business administration degree in accounting from Delta State University. She began her career with the Corps as an operating accountant, with her most recent position being chief of the Budget, Manpower and Management Branch of the Resource Management Office.
A member of the American Society of Military Comptrollers, she is married to Gordon Watkins and they have one son.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Top 40 Under 40
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Top 40 Under 40 Nomination Form
- New process from Mississippi company helps remove bacteria from oysters