Watkins earns promotion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Carol Watkins was recently promoted to chief of the resource management office with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District office. Watkins, as resource management officer, will be responsible for developing and administering all district-level resource management and financial management activities. Being a certified defense financial manager, she will provide budget and financial guidance and manpower management to the district, senior management and the commander. She will formulate and issue policies addressing resource management issues.
A native of Vicksburg, she earned her bachelor of business administration degree in accounting from Delta State University. She began her career with the Corps as an operating accountant, with her most recent position being chief of the Budget, Manpower and Management Branch of the Resource Management Office.
A member of the American Society of Military Comptrollers, she is married to Gordon Watkins and they have one son.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so