Watkins earns promotion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Carol Watkins was recently promoted to chief of the resource management office with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District office. Watkins, as resource management officer, will be responsible for developing and administering all district-level resource management and financial management activities. Being a certified defense financial manager, she will provide budget and financial guidance and manpower management to the district, senior management and the commander. She will formulate and issue policies addressing resource management issues.
A native of Vicksburg, she earned her bachelor of business administration degree in accounting from Delta State University. She began her career with the Corps as an operating accountant, with her most recent position being chief of the Budget, Manpower and Management Branch of the Resource Management Office.
A member of the American Society of Military Comptrollers, she is married to Gordon Watkins and they have one son.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets