Watkins earns promotion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 10,2012
Carol Watkins was recently promoted to chief of the resource management office with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District office. Watkins, as resource management officer, will be responsible for developing and administering all district-level resource management and financial management activities. Being a certified defense financial manager, she will provide budget and financial guidance and manpower management to the district, senior management and the commander. She will formulate and issue policies addressing resource management issues.
A native of Vicksburg, she earned her bachelor of business administration degree in accounting from Delta State University. She began her career with the Corps as an operating accountant, with her most recent position being chief of the Budget, Manpower and Management Branch of the Resource Management Office.
A member of the American Society of Military Comptrollers, she is married to Gordon Watkins and they have one son.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow