County sees single-family building permits soar in May
by Associated Press
Published: June 11,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits surged in May, driving up year-to-date activity and leaving DeSoto officials optimistic for a long-sought housing-industry turn-around.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal 85 single-family permits were recorded, with 28 in the unincorporated county. He says the latter is a 68 percent increase over last May’s figure of just 19 in areas outside the cities.
For 2012, Garrod said the year-to-date total of 288 single-family permits for all the county represents about one per working day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county