County sees single-family building permits soar in May
by Associated Press
Published: June 11,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits surged in May, driving up year-to-date activity and leaving DeSoto officials optimistic for a long-sought housing-industry turn-around.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal 85 single-family permits were recorded, with 28 in the unincorporated county. He says the latter is a 68 percent increase over last May’s figure of just 19 in areas outside the cities.
For 2012, Garrod said the year-to-date total of 288 single-family permits for all the county represents about one per working day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center