County sees single-family building permits soar in May
Published: June 11,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits surged in May, driving up year-to-date activity and leaving DeSoto officials optimistic for a long-sought housing-industry turn-around.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal 85 single-family permits were recorded, with 28 in the unincorporated county. He says the latter is a 68 percent increase over last May’s figure of just 19 in areas outside the cities.
For 2012, Garrod said the year-to-date total of 288 single-family permits for all the county represents about one per working day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast