County sees single-family building permits soar in May
Published: June 11,2012
DESOTO COUNTY — Single-family building permits surged in May, driving up year-to-date activity and leaving DeSoto officials optimistic for a long-sought housing-industry turn-around.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal 85 single-family permits were recorded, with 28 in the unincorporated county. He says the latter is a 68 percent increase over last May’s figure of just 19 in areas outside the cities.
For 2012, Garrod said the year-to-date total of 288 single-family permits for all the county represents about one per working day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager