Deadline to buy alligator-hunting license approaching
by Associated Press
Published: June 11,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Friday is the deadline to apply for a permit to hunt alligators on public waterways in Mississippi.
Applicants must be Mississippi residents age 16 and above.
For 2012, there are six public waterway zones with 810 total available gator permits.
Also for 28 open counties, applications will be accepted through July 1 for private lands alligator hunting vouchers. Each property must have 20 acres of privately owned surface water. There is a limit of one application per property.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks requires permit holders attend a gator hunting training course. The courses will be offered at Jones Junior College in Ellisville Aug. 4, Delta State University in Cleveland Aug. 11 and Roosevelt State Park in Morton Aug. 18.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi