Deadline to buy alligator-hunting license approaching
by Associated Press
Published: June 11,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Friday is the deadline to apply for a permit to hunt alligators on public waterways in Mississippi.
Applicants must be Mississippi residents age 16 and above.
For 2012, there are six public waterway zones with 810 total available gator permits.
Also for 28 open counties, applications will be accepted through July 1 for private lands alligator hunting vouchers. Each property must have 20 acres of privately owned surface water. There is a limit of one application per property.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks requires permit holders attend a gator hunting training course. The courses will be offered at Jones Junior College in Ellisville Aug. 4, Delta State University in Cleveland Aug. 11 and Roosevelt State Park in Morton Aug. 18.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil