Deadline to buy alligator-hunting license approaching
Published: June 11,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Friday is the deadline to apply for a permit to hunt alligators on public waterways in Mississippi.
Applicants must be Mississippi residents age 16 and above.
For 2012, there are six public waterway zones with 810 total available gator permits.
Also for 28 open counties, applications will be accepted through July 1 for private lands alligator hunting vouchers. Each property must have 20 acres of privately owned surface water. There is a limit of one application per property.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks requires permit holders attend a gator hunting training course. The courses will be offered at Jones Junior College in Ellisville Aug. 4, Delta State University in Cleveland Aug. 11 and Roosevelt State Park in Morton Aug. 18.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs