Deadline to buy alligator-hunting license approaching
Published: June 11,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Friday is the deadline to apply for a permit to hunt alligators on public waterways in Mississippi.
Applicants must be Mississippi residents age 16 and above.
For 2012, there are six public waterway zones with 810 total available gator permits.
Also for 28 open counties, applications will be accepted through July 1 for private lands alligator hunting vouchers. Each property must have 20 acres of privately owned surface water. There is a limit of one application per property.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks requires permit holders attend a gator hunting training course. The courses will be offered at Jones Junior College in Ellisville Aug. 4, Delta State University in Cleveland Aug. 11 and Roosevelt State Park in Morton Aug. 18.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block