Deadline to buy alligator-hunting license approaching
Published: June 11,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Friday is the deadline to apply for a permit to hunt alligators on public waterways in Mississippi.
Applicants must be Mississippi residents age 16 and above.
For 2012, there are six public waterway zones with 810 total available gator permits.
Also for 28 open counties, applications will be accepted through July 1 for private lands alligator hunting vouchers. Each property must have 20 acres of privately owned surface water. There is a limit of one application per property.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks requires permit holders attend a gator hunting training course. The courses will be offered at Jones Junior College in Ellisville Aug. 4, Delta State University in Cleveland Aug. 11 and Roosevelt State Park in Morton Aug. 18.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful