Ex-attorney faces up to 60 years in prison for embezzlement
Published: June 11,2012
RIDGELAND — Sentencing is scheduled for a Ridgeland attorney who has admitted to swindling hundreds of thousands of dollars from his former clients.
Attorney Vann Leonard who practiced law out of Ridgeland faces 60 years behind bars and a $750,000 fine. Leonard has pleaded guilty to three counts of embezzlement.
He’s admitted to misleading two of his former clients between June 2008 and December 2011. Leonard told his clients he’d hold their money in his trust account for legal fees, when he actually spent the funds for his own personal use.
WLBT TV reports Leonard will go before Judge John Emfinger for a sentencing hearing today in Madison County Circuit Court.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet