Ex-attorney faces up to 60 years in prison for embezzlement
by Associated Press
Published: June 11,2012
RIDGELAND — Sentencing is scheduled for a Ridgeland attorney who has admitted to swindling hundreds of thousands of dollars from his former clients.
Attorney Vann Leonard who practiced law out of Ridgeland faces 60 years behind bars and a $750,000 fine. Leonard has pleaded guilty to three counts of embezzlement.
He’s admitted to misleading two of his former clients between June 2008 and December 2011. Leonard told his clients he’d hold their money in his trust account for legal fees, when he actually spent the funds for his own personal use.
WLBT TV reports Leonard will go before Judge John Emfinger for a sentencing hearing today in Madison County Circuit Court.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom