Ex-attorney faces up to 60 years in prison for embezzlement
Published: June 11,2012
RIDGELAND — Sentencing is scheduled for a Ridgeland attorney who has admitted to swindling hundreds of thousands of dollars from his former clients.
Attorney Vann Leonard who practiced law out of Ridgeland faces 60 years behind bars and a $750,000 fine. Leonard has pleaded guilty to three counts of embezzlement.
He’s admitted to misleading two of his former clients between June 2008 and December 2011. Leonard told his clients he’d hold their money in his trust account for legal fees, when he actually spent the funds for his own personal use.
WLBT TV reports Leonard will go before Judge John Emfinger for a sentencing hearing today in Madison County Circuit Court.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators