Ex-attorney faces up to 60 years in prison for embezzlement
Published: June 11,2012
RIDGELAND — Sentencing is scheduled for a Ridgeland attorney who has admitted to swindling hundreds of thousands of dollars from his former clients.
Attorney Vann Leonard who practiced law out of Ridgeland faces 60 years behind bars and a $750,000 fine. Leonard has pleaded guilty to three counts of embezzlement.
He’s admitted to misleading two of his former clients between June 2008 and December 2011. Leonard told his clients he’d hold their money in his trust account for legal fees, when he actually spent the funds for his own personal use.
WLBT TV reports Leonard will go before Judge John Emfinger for a sentencing hearing today in Madison County Circuit Court.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters