Ex-attorney faces up to 60 years in prison for embezzlement
Published: June 11,2012
RIDGELAND — Sentencing is scheduled for a Ridgeland attorney who has admitted to swindling hundreds of thousands of dollars from his former clients.
Attorney Vann Leonard who practiced law out of Ridgeland faces 60 years behind bars and a $750,000 fine. Leonard has pleaded guilty to three counts of embezzlement.
He’s admitted to misleading two of his former clients between June 2008 and December 2011. Leonard told his clients he’d hold their money in his trust account for legal fees, when he actually spent the funds for his own personal use.
WLBT TV reports Leonard will go before Judge John Emfinger for a sentencing hearing today in Madison County Circuit Court.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation