Isle of Capri rebranding Rainbow Casino as Lady Luck
by Associated Press
Published: June 11,2012
Tags: branding, casinos, Conventions, entertainment, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, lodging, meetings, name, nightlife, rebranding, renaming, restuarants, tourism, tourists, travelers, vacationers, vacationing, vactions, visitors
VICKSBURG — The Rainbow Casino in Vicksburg will take on the name Lady Luck Casino next year.
The Vicksburg Post reports the information was contained in the quarterly financial report by Isles of Capri Casinos Inc. It will be the fifth Lady Luck facility for the St. Louis-based gaming and entertainment company.
The change will take effect by the end of October 2013.
Completion of the $5 million list of renovations under way and upgraded amenities will coincide with the end of the second quarter of Isle of Capri’s fiscal year, the report said.
The name change will bring Otis and Henry’s restaurant and a Lone Wolf bar, both found in Isle’s 15 self-branded and Lady Luck casinos in six states.
Isle purchased Rainbow in 2010 from Bally Technologies for $80 million.
No gaming-related details are listed in the report. Rainbow employs 284 people, according to data supplied to the Mississippi Gaming Commission.
Isle opened what is now DiamondJacks in 1993 and was Vicksburg’s first casino. Rainbow opened in 1994.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Isle of Capri rebranding Rainbow Casino as Lady Luck”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Nullification and interposition
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable