Isle of Capri rebranding Rainbow Casino as Lady Luck
Published: June 11,2012
Tags: branding, casinos, Conventions, entertainment, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, lodging, meetings, name, nightlife, rebranding, renaming, restuarants, tourism, tourists, travelers, vacationers, vacationing, vactions, visitors
VICKSBURG — The Rainbow Casino in Vicksburg will take on the name Lady Luck Casino next year.
The Vicksburg Post reports the information was contained in the quarterly financial report by Isles of Capri Casinos Inc. It will be the fifth Lady Luck facility for the St. Louis-based gaming and entertainment company.
The change will take effect by the end of October 2013.
Completion of the $5 million list of renovations under way and upgraded amenities will coincide with the end of the second quarter of Isle of Capri’s fiscal year, the report said.
The name change will bring Otis and Henry’s restaurant and a Lone Wolf bar, both found in Isle’s 15 self-branded and Lady Luck casinos in six states.
Isle purchased Rainbow in 2010 from Bally Technologies for $80 million.
No gaming-related details are listed in the report. Rainbow employs 284 people, according to data supplied to the Mississippi Gaming Commission.
Isle opened what is now DiamondJacks in 1993 and was Vicksburg’s first casino. Rainbow opened in 1994.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Isle of Capri rebranding Rainbow Casino as Lady Luck”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Catfish industry launches TV advertising campaign
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease