USM business dean leaving for same post at Texas Tech
Published: June 11,2012
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi College of Business dean Lance Nail is leaving for Texas Tech University.
Nail will take over as dean of the Texas university’s Rawls College of Business, which opened a new $70 million business building earlier this year. He begins work in Lubbock Aug. 15.
Southern Miss Provost Denis Wiesenburg tells the Hattiesburg American Nail helped improve the university’s business school.
Under Nail, the school’s undergraduate business program entered U.S. News and World Report’s national rankings for the first time. The school raised private money to help build a new $36 million College of Business building. It’s named Scianna Hall, after the building’s largest private donor, Chuck Scianna.
Nail, 45, came to Southern Miss in 2008 from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year