USM business dean leaving for same post at Texas Tech
Published: June 11,2012
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi College of Business dean Lance Nail is leaving for Texas Tech University.
Nail will take over as dean of the Texas university’s Rawls College of Business, which opened a new $70 million business building earlier this year. He begins work in Lubbock Aug. 15.
Southern Miss Provost Denis Wiesenburg tells the Hattiesburg American Nail helped improve the university’s business school.
Under Nail, the school’s undergraduate business program entered U.S. News and World Report’s national rankings for the first time. The school raised private money to help build a new $36 million College of Business building. It’s named Scianna Hall, after the building’s largest private donor, Chuck Scianna.
Nail, 45, came to Southern Miss in 2008 from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)