USM business dean leaving for same post at Texas Tech
by Associated Press
Published: June 11,2012
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi College of Business dean Lance Nail is leaving for Texas Tech University.
Nail will take over as dean of the Texas university’s Rawls College of Business, which opened a new $70 million business building earlier this year. He begins work in Lubbock Aug. 15.
Southern Miss Provost Denis Wiesenburg tells the Hattiesburg American Nail helped improve the university’s business school.
Under Nail, the school’s undergraduate business program entered U.S. News and World Report’s national rankings for the first time. The school raised private money to help build a new $36 million College of Business building. It’s named Scianna Hall, after the building’s largest private donor, Chuck Scianna.
Nail, 45, came to Southern Miss in 2008 from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Corps allots more funding to projects in Mississippi
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation