USM business dean leaving for same post at Texas Tech
Published: June 11,2012
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi College of Business dean Lance Nail is leaving for Texas Tech University.
Nail will take over as dean of the Texas university’s Rawls College of Business, which opened a new $70 million business building earlier this year. He begins work in Lubbock Aug. 15.
Southern Miss Provost Denis Wiesenburg tells the Hattiesburg American Nail helped improve the university’s business school.
Under Nail, the school’s undergraduate business program entered U.S. News and World Report’s national rankings for the first time. The school raised private money to help build a new $36 million College of Business building. It’s named Scianna Hall, after the building’s largest private donor, Chuck Scianna.
Nail, 45, came to Southern Miss in 2008 from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist