USM business dean leaving for same post at Texas Tech
Published: June 11,2012
HATTIESBURG — University of Southern Mississippi College of Business dean Lance Nail is leaving for Texas Tech University.
Nail will take over as dean of the Texas university’s Rawls College of Business, which opened a new $70 million business building earlier this year. He begins work in Lubbock Aug. 15.
Southern Miss Provost Denis Wiesenburg tells the Hattiesburg American Nail helped improve the university’s business school.
Under Nail, the school’s undergraduate business program entered U.S. News and World Report’s national rankings for the first time. The school raised private money to help build a new $36 million College of Business building. It’s named Scianna Hall, after the building’s largest private donor, Chuck Scianna.
Nail, 45, came to Southern Miss in 2008 from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces