Officials to hear results from oil/gas exploration study
Published: June 12,2012
SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI — Officials from three southwest Mississippi counties will hear the results of a study on oil and natural gas exploration in the area.
The Enterprise-Journal reports the study is of the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale formation in Pike, Wilkinson and Amite counties.
The study was commissioned by the Pike County Economic Development District and the Southwest Mississippi Partnership.
Presentations — all Thursday — will be held at 10 a.m. at the Percy Quin State Park Convention Center, 1 p.m. at the Harrison Building in Liberty and 4 p.m. at the Wilkinson County Park Pavilion in Woodville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement