Officials to hear results from oil/gas exploration study
Published: June 12,2012
SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI — Officials from three southwest Mississippi counties will hear the results of a study on oil and natural gas exploration in the area.
The Enterprise-Journal reports the study is of the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale formation in Pike, Wilkinson and Amite counties.
The study was commissioned by the Pike County Economic Development District and the Southwest Mississippi Partnership.
Presentations — all Thursday — will be held at 10 a.m. at the Percy Quin State Park Convention Center, 1 p.m. at the Harrison Building in Liberty and 4 p.m. at the Wilkinson County Park Pavilion in Woodville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment