Officials to hear results from oil/gas exploration study
Published: June 12,2012
SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI — Officials from three southwest Mississippi counties will hear the results of a study on oil and natural gas exploration in the area.
The Enterprise-Journal reports the study is of the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale formation in Pike, Wilkinson and Amite counties.
The study was commissioned by the Pike County Economic Development District and the Southwest Mississippi Partnership.
Presentations — all Thursday — will be held at 10 a.m. at the Percy Quin State Park Convention Center, 1 p.m. at the Harrison Building in Liberty and 4 p.m. at the Wilkinson County Park Pavilion in Woodville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds