Officials to hear results from oil/gas exploration study
by Associated Press
Published: June 12,2012
SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI — Officials from three southwest Mississippi counties will hear the results of a study on oil and natural gas exploration in the area.
The Enterprise-Journal reports the study is of the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale formation in Pike, Wilkinson and Amite counties.
The study was commissioned by the Pike County Economic Development District and the Southwest Mississippi Partnership.
Presentations — all Thursday — will be held at 10 a.m. at the Percy Quin State Park Convention Center, 1 p.m. at the Harrison Building in Liberty and 4 p.m. at the Wilkinson County Park Pavilion in Woodville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects