Officials to hear results from oil/gas exploration study
Published: June 12,2012
SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI — Officials from three southwest Mississippi counties will hear the results of a study on oil and natural gas exploration in the area.
The Enterprise-Journal reports the study is of the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale formation in Pike, Wilkinson and Amite counties.
The study was commissioned by the Pike County Economic Development District and the Southwest Mississippi Partnership.
Presentations — all Thursday — will be held at 10 a.m. at the Percy Quin State Park Convention Center, 1 p.m. at the Harrison Building in Liberty and 4 p.m. at the Wilkinson County Park Pavilion in Woodville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing