Magazine awards Silver Shovel to MDA for job creation
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2012
JACKSON — Area Development magazine, an economic development publication covering site selection and facility planning, has awarded Mississippi a 2012 Silver Shovel Award.
Now in their seventh year, Area Development’s annual Shovel Awards recognize state economic development agencies that drive significant job creation through innovative policies, infrastructure improvements, processes and promotions that attract new businesses and investments in new and expanded facilities
Mississippi has received a 2012 Silver Shovel award in the 3 million and under population group. The state received a Silver Shovel award in 2011, as well.
The awards are presented to states with the highest weighted scores based on number of high-valued added jobs created per capita, amount of investment, number of new facilities added and industry diversity represented by these projects. Each of the 50 states was invited by Area Development to submit information about its top 10 job creation and investment projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years