Magazine awards Silver Shovel to MDA for job creation
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2012
JACKSON — Area Development magazine, an economic development publication covering site selection and facility planning, has awarded Mississippi a 2012 Silver Shovel Award.
Now in their seventh year, Area Development’s annual Shovel Awards recognize state economic development agencies that drive significant job creation through innovative policies, infrastructure improvements, processes and promotions that attract new businesses and investments in new and expanded facilities
Mississippi has received a 2012 Silver Shovel award in the 3 million and under population group. The state received a Silver Shovel award in 2011, as well.
The awards are presented to states with the highest weighted scores based on number of high-valued added jobs created per capita, amount of investment, number of new facilities added and industry diversity represented by these projects. Each of the 50 states was invited by Area Development to submit information about its top 10 job creation and investment projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers