Magazine awards Silver Shovel to MDA for job creation
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2012
JACKSON — Area Development magazine, an economic development publication covering site selection and facility planning, has awarded Mississippi a 2012 Silver Shovel Award.
Now in their seventh year, Area Development’s annual Shovel Awards recognize state economic development agencies that drive significant job creation through innovative policies, infrastructure improvements, processes and promotions that attract new businesses and investments in new and expanded facilities
Mississippi has received a 2012 Silver Shovel award in the 3 million and under population group. The state received a Silver Shovel award in 2011, as well.
The awards are presented to states with the highest weighted scores based on number of high-valued added jobs created per capita, amount of investment, number of new facilities added and industry diversity represented by these projects. Each of the 50 states was invited by Area Development to submit information about its top 10 job creation and investment projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions