Ex-road manager’s brothers charged with Katrina-related kickbacks
Published: June 14,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — A federal grand jury has indicted two brothers of the former Hancock County road manager who was charged in a kickback scheme related to Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, were charged with money laundering and conspiracy in December 2011. The indictment says Roger Ladner awarded ditch cleaning contracts to relatives and a portion of the money was funneled back to him and his wife.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the grand jury indicted Billy Wayne Ladner and Donald Ray Ladner last week. They had initial appearances last Tuesday.
The new indictment expanded on previous charges against Roger and Sharon Ladner. All four are scheduled for arraignment on the new charges today.
Attorneys for Billy and Donald Ladner didn’t immediately respond to messages left yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping