Ex-road manager’s brothers charged with Katrina-related kickbacks
Published: June 14,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — A federal grand jury has indicted two brothers of the former Hancock County road manager who was charged in a kickback scheme related to Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, were charged with money laundering and conspiracy in December 2011. The indictment says Roger Ladner awarded ditch cleaning contracts to relatives and a portion of the money was funneled back to him and his wife.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the grand jury indicted Billy Wayne Ladner and Donald Ray Ladner last week. They had initial appearances last Tuesday.
The new indictment expanded on previous charges against Roger and Sharon Ladner. All four are scheduled for arraignment on the new charges today.
Attorneys for Billy and Donald Ladner didn’t immediately respond to messages left yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity