Ex-road manager’s brothers charged with Katrina-related kickbacks
Published: June 14,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — A federal grand jury has indicted two brothers of the former Hancock County road manager who was charged in a kickback scheme related to Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, were charged with money laundering and conspiracy in December 2011. The indictment says Roger Ladner awarded ditch cleaning contracts to relatives and a portion of the money was funneled back to him and his wife.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the grand jury indicted Billy Wayne Ladner and Donald Ray Ladner last week. They had initial appearances last Tuesday.
The new indictment expanded on previous charges against Roger and Sharon Ladner. All four are scheduled for arraignment on the new charges today.
Attorneys for Billy and Donald Ladner didn’t immediately respond to messages left yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location