Ex-road manager’s brothers charged with Katrina-related kickbacks
Published: June 14,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — A federal grand jury has indicted two brothers of the former Hancock County road manager who was charged in a kickback scheme related to Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, were charged with money laundering and conspiracy in December 2011. The indictment says Roger Ladner awarded ditch cleaning contracts to relatives and a portion of the money was funneled back to him and his wife.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the grand jury indicted Billy Wayne Ladner and Donald Ray Ladner last week. They had initial appearances last Tuesday.
The new indictment expanded on previous charges against Roger and Sharon Ladner. All four are scheduled for arraignment on the new charges today.
Attorneys for Billy and Donald Ladner didn’t immediately respond to messages left yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter