Ex-road manager’s brothers charged with Katrina-related kickbacks
by Associated Press
Published: June 14,2012
HANCOCK COUNTY — A federal grand jury has indicted two brothers of the former Hancock County road manager who was charged in a kickback scheme related to Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, were charged with money laundering and conspiracy in December 2011. The indictment says Roger Ladner awarded ditch cleaning contracts to relatives and a portion of the money was funneled back to him and his wife.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the grand jury indicted Billy Wayne Ladner and Donald Ray Ladner last week. They had initial appearances last Tuesday.
The new indictment expanded on previous charges against Roger and Sharon Ladner. All four are scheduled for arraignment on the new charges today.
Attorneys for Billy and Donald Ladner didn’t immediately respond to messages left yesterday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center