New Jersey lab director chosen to lead Southern Miss’ GCRL
by Associated Press
Published: June 14,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The University of Southern Mississippi has named Rutgers University professor Eric Powell as the new director of USM’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory in Ocean Springs.
The Sun Herald reports Powell teaches at the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory at Rutgers University’s School of Environmental and Biological Science in New Jersey.
He had served as director of the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory from 1996 to 2010.
Powell will begin his job at the GCRL in September. He replaces Bill Hawkins, who retired in June 2011 after serving as GCRL director since March 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data