New Jersey lab director chosen to lead Southern Miss’ GCRL
Published: June 14,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The University of Southern Mississippi has named Rutgers University professor Eric Powell as the new director of USM’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory in Ocean Springs.
The Sun Herald reports Powell teaches at the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory at Rutgers University’s School of Environmental and Biological Science in New Jersey.
He had served as director of the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory from 1996 to 2010.
Powell will begin his job at the GCRL in September. He replaces Bill Hawkins, who retired in June 2011 after serving as GCRL director since March 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs