New Jersey lab director chosen to lead Southern Miss’ GCRL
Published: June 14,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The University of Southern Mississippi has named Rutgers University professor Eric Powell as the new director of USM’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory in Ocean Springs.
The Sun Herald reports Powell teaches at the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory at Rutgers University’s School of Environmental and Biological Science in New Jersey.
He had served as director of the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory from 1996 to 2010.
Powell will begin his job at the GCRL in September. He replaces Bill Hawkins, who retired in June 2011 after serving as GCRL director since March 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'