New Jersey lab director chosen to lead Southern Miss’ GCRL
Published: June 14,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The University of Southern Mississippi has named Rutgers University professor Eric Powell as the new director of USM’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory in Ocean Springs.
The Sun Herald reports Powell teaches at the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory at Rutgers University’s School of Environmental and Biological Science in New Jersey.
He had served as director of the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory from 1996 to 2010.
Powell will begin his job at the GCRL in September. He replaces Bill Hawkins, who retired in June 2011 after serving as GCRL director since March 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal