Silver Slipper’s new owners say they need new hotel
Published: June 14,2012
BAY ST. LOUIS — The new owners of the Silver Slipper Casino in Hancock County have told county officials that construction of a new hotel is a priority.
In April, Las Vegas-based Full House Resorts purchased the Slipper for $70 million in a cash and financing deal.
The Silver Slipper is one of the few Mississippi casinos without a hotel.
The Sea Coast Echo reports Full House chairman Andre Milliou says that said that limits the Silver Slipper’s customer base to about a one-hour radius.
“We’re going to work very closely with (casino manager John Ferrucci) to expedite that,” Milliou said. “I think we can grow in that particular location and a hotel will help us with that.”
The site has room to add a hotel and plans were in place to build a hotel before the recession.
Milliou said Full House would need to evaluate how big that hotel should be, but hotels at other Full House properties boast occupancy rates of 90 percent or better year-round.
Full House is a small, publicly traded company that owns or operates casinos in Nevada, New Mexico and Indiana.
Supervisor Steve Seymour asked if a marina would be part of the plans. Milliou said it could be a possibility, but nothing is planned now.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders