Casino developer seeking site approval from Gaming Commission
Published: June 19,2012
Tags: casino, Commercial Real Estate, convention, entertainment, gaming, hospitality, hotel, industrial real estate, land, lodging, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, meeting, nightlife, pet food, property, real estate, restaurant, state agency, tourism, tourist, vacation, vacationer, vacationing, visitor
BILOXI — The developer of the Biloxi Boardwalk Casino and Resort will ask the Mississippi Gaming Commission to approve the site for his gambling house.
The commission meets Thursday in Jackson.
The Sun Herald reports Louisiana businessman Chris Ferrara wants to locate the casino in the former Heinz pet food plant on the Back Bay of Biloxi.
Ferrara says the site is zoned waterfront. He purchased the land and 185,000-square-foot building from the Heinz company in 2000 after production was discontinued.
Ferrara says he’ll reveal more details about the project once the Gaming Commission grants site approval.
Ferrara owns an additional casino site on the Back Bay. In November he opened an $11 million marina with dry storage and wet slips for 400 boats.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option