Commerce Department awards funding for workforce training center
by Associated Press
Published: June 19,2012
BAY SPRINGS — Jasper County and Jones County Junior College have received $1.7 million to help construction a workforce training the center.
The funds were announced by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
The Jones County Junior College Workforce Training Center would be located in Bay Springs.
The 30,000-square-foot facility will be operated by the junior college and will offer a variety of educational services targeted at advanced manufacturing skills, including machining, petroleum, biology, chemistry, physics and computer labs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City