Commerce Department awards funding for workforce training center
Published: June 19,2012
BAY SPRINGS — Jasper County and Jones County Junior College have received $1.7 million to help construction a workforce training the center.
The funds were announced by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
The Jones County Junior College Workforce Training Center would be located in Bay Springs.
The 30,000-square-foot facility will be operated by the junior college and will offer a variety of educational services targeted at advanced manufacturing skills, including machining, petroleum, biology, chemistry, physics and computer labs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter