Commerce Department awards funding for workforce training center
Published: June 19,2012
BAY SPRINGS — Jasper County and Jones County Junior College have received $1.7 million to help construction a workforce training the center.
The funds were announced by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
The Jones County Junior College Workforce Training Center would be located in Bay Springs.
The 30,000-square-foot facility will be operated by the junior college and will offer a variety of educational services targeted at advanced manufacturing skills, including machining, petroleum, biology, chemistry, physics and computer labs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment