Commerce Department awards funding for workforce training center
Published: June 19,2012
BAY SPRINGS — Jasper County and Jones County Junior College have received $1.7 million to help construction a workforce training the center.
The funds were announced by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
The Jones County Junior College Workforce Training Center would be located in Bay Springs.
The 30,000-square-foot facility will be operated by the junior college and will offer a variety of educational services targeted at advanced manufacturing skills, including machining, petroleum, biology, chemistry, physics and computer labs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history