Report: Home prices were up in South Mississippi in May
Published: June 19,2012
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The average sales price of a home in South Mississippi rose again in May to the highest level of the year.
The price increased to $122,293. That’s according to a report from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service.
That was just $1,000 shy of the average price a year ago and $5,000 higher than in April.
After starting the year at a post-Hurricane Katrina low of $103,000, the average sales price of a home in South Mississippi jumped to $114,000 in February.
The Sun Herald reports 16 more homes were sold this May compared to a year ago. Since the start of the year, 1,286 homes were sold through MLS, an increase of 82 over the first five months of 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015