Report: Home prices were up in South Mississippi in May
Published: June 19,2012
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The average sales price of a home in South Mississippi rose again in May to the highest level of the year.
The price increased to $122,293. That’s according to a report from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service.
That was just $1,000 shy of the average price a year ago and $5,000 higher than in April.
After starting the year at a post-Hurricane Katrina low of $103,000, the average sales price of a home in South Mississippi jumped to $114,000 in February.
The Sun Herald reports 16 more homes were sold this May compared to a year ago. Since the start of the year, 1,286 homes were sold through MLS, an increase of 82 over the first five months of 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal