Report: Home prices were up in South Mississippi in May
Published: June 19,2012
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The average sales price of a home in South Mississippi rose again in May to the highest level of the year.
The price increased to $122,293. That’s according to a report from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service.
That was just $1,000 shy of the average price a year ago and $5,000 higher than in April.
After starting the year at a post-Hurricane Katrina low of $103,000, the average sales price of a home in South Mississippi jumped to $114,000 in February.
The Sun Herald reports 16 more homes were sold this May compared to a year ago. Since the start of the year, 1,286 homes were sold through MLS, an increase of 82 over the first five months of 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company