Report: Home prices were up in South Mississippi in May
Published: June 19,2012
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The average sales price of a home in South Mississippi rose again in May to the highest level of the year.
The price increased to $122,293. That’s according to a report from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service.
That was just $1,000 shy of the average price a year ago and $5,000 higher than in April.
After starting the year at a post-Hurricane Katrina low of $103,000, the average sales price of a home in South Mississippi jumped to $114,000 in February.
The Sun Herald reports 16 more homes were sold this May compared to a year ago. Since the start of the year, 1,286 homes were sold through MLS, an increase of 82 over the first five months of 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways