Report: Home prices were up in South Mississippi in May
Published: June 19,2012
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The average sales price of a home in South Mississippi rose again in May to the highest level of the year.
The price increased to $122,293. That’s according to a report from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service.
That was just $1,000 shy of the average price a year ago and $5,000 higher than in April.
After starting the year at a post-Hurricane Katrina low of $103,000, the average sales price of a home in South Mississippi jumped to $114,000 in February.
The Sun Herald reports 16 more homes were sold this May compared to a year ago. Since the start of the year, 1,286 homes were sold through MLS, an increase of 82 over the first five months of 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Meridian DJ group brings dubstep, EDM to Queen City
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release