Tornado-torn town gets first look at recovery plan
Published: June 19,2012
SMITHVILLE — Smithville officials are looking at the first draft of what they are calling the road map to the future.
WTVA-TV in Tupelo reports the comprehensive plan had been in the words before the April 27, 2011, tornado devastated the northeast Mississippi town.
A grant from Appalachian Region Commission helped the town complete the rough draft of the plan along with a future land use map and a pedestrian friendly map, which includes walkways and sidewalks outlining growth over the next 20 years.
Mayor Gregg Kennedy says the board of aldermen and the planning commission are reviewing the plan.
Kennedy says a workshop will be scheduled sometime for later this summer where residents can view and discuss the comprehensive plan with town leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders