Commission gives nod to site for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: June 21,2012
BILOXI — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has given site approval to the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino & Resort.
It’s the first in a series of approvals required for the casino proposed by Louisiana businessman Chris Ferrara.
Ferrara also owns a fire truck manufacturer in Holden, La. He bought the site after a former Heinz pet food factory closed.
He wants to renovate the 185,000 square-foot building to hold a casino and convention center. Holden has built a marina at the site and plans to open a restaurant in September.
Biloxi Boardwalk would be the 10th casino in Biloxi and 13th on Mississippi’s Coast.
The site is near the recently opened Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant. The commission approved that Jimmy Buffett-themed casino, but has twice rejected plans for Harbor Town casino in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement