Commission gives nod to site for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: June 21,2012
BILOXI — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has given site approval to the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino & Resort.
It’s the first in a series of approvals required for the casino proposed by Louisiana businessman Chris Ferrara.
Ferrara also owns a fire truck manufacturer in Holden, La. He bought the site after a former Heinz pet food factory closed.
He wants to renovate the 185,000 square-foot building to hold a casino and convention center. Holden has built a marina at the site and plans to open a restaurant in September.
Biloxi Boardwalk would be the 10th casino in Biloxi and 13th on Mississippi’s Coast.
The site is near the recently opened Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant. The commission approved that Jimmy Buffett-themed casino, but has twice rejected plans for Harbor Town casino in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love