Commission gives nod to site for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: June 21,2012
BILOXI — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has given site approval to the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino & Resort.
It’s the first in a series of approvals required for the casino proposed by Louisiana businessman Chris Ferrara.
Ferrara also owns a fire truck manufacturer in Holden, La. He bought the site after a former Heinz pet food factory closed.
He wants to renovate the 185,000 square-foot building to hold a casino and convention center. Holden has built a marina at the site and plans to open a restaurant in September.
Biloxi Boardwalk would be the 10th casino in Biloxi and 13th on Mississippi’s Coast.
The site is near the recently opened Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant. The commission approved that Jimmy Buffett-themed casino, but has twice rejected plans for Harbor Town casino in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast