Commission gives nod to site for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: June 21,2012
BILOXI — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has given site approval to the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino & Resort.
It’s the first in a series of approvals required for the casino proposed by Louisiana businessman Chris Ferrara.
Ferrara also owns a fire truck manufacturer in Holden, La. He bought the site after a former Heinz pet food factory closed.
He wants to renovate the 185,000 square-foot building to hold a casino and convention center. Holden has built a marina at the site and plans to open a restaurant in September.
Biloxi Boardwalk would be the 10th casino in Biloxi and 13th on Mississippi’s Coast.
The site is near the recently opened Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant. The commission approved that Jimmy Buffett-themed casino, but has twice rejected plans for Harbor Town casino in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal