Commission gives nod to site for proposed Boardwalk Casino
Published: June 21,2012
BILOXI — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has given site approval to the proposed Biloxi Boardwalk Casino & Resort.
It’s the first in a series of approvals required for the casino proposed by Louisiana businessman Chris Ferrara.
Ferrara also owns a fire truck manufacturer in Holden, La. He bought the site after a former Heinz pet food factory closed.
He wants to renovate the 185,000 square-foot building to hold a casino and convention center. Holden has built a marina at the site and plans to open a restaurant in September.
Biloxi Boardwalk would be the 10th casino in Biloxi and 13th on Mississippi’s Coast.
The site is near the recently opened Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant. The commission approved that Jimmy Buffett-themed casino, but has twice rejected plans for Harbor Town casino in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment