Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch
by Associated Press
Published: June 22,2012
PASCAGOULA — Merchants & Marine Bank is opening its first Alabama branch in Gulf Shores.
Last November, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp approved the bank’s acquisition of Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville. Crossville is in north Alabama.
Bank spokesman Todd Trenchard told the Sun Herald the bank will be known M&M Bank in Alabama. The name change was made in December.
M&M Bank opened its first offices in Pascagoula and Moss Point in 1932 with $25,000 and four employees, when the population of the two cities was 7,000.
It now has branches in Lucedale, St. Martin, Hurley, Wade, Moss Point, Ocean Springs, Gautier, Escatawpa and two in Pascagoula along with the main office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch”
Top Posts & Pages
- MBJ BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR — Forward thinking: C Spire's Hu Meena has made the most of 2013
- Alcorn president resigns as investigation continues
- Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
- C Spire ‘all in it’ as digital technology accelerates, expands into nearly all our lives
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- C Spire to acquire communications provider
- Camellia Home Health and Hospice launches a new fleet of vehicles
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Waller wants statewide county court system
- Mike Pope named Clinton's Administrator of the Year