Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch
Published: June 22,2012
PASCAGOULA — Merchants & Marine Bank is opening its first Alabama branch in Gulf Shores.
Last November, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp approved the bank’s acquisition of Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville. Crossville is in north Alabama.
Bank spokesman Todd Trenchard told the Sun Herald the bank will be known M&M Bank in Alabama. The name change was made in December.
M&M Bank opened its first offices in Pascagoula and Moss Point in 1932 with $25,000 and four employees, when the population of the two cities was 7,000.
It now has branches in Lucedale, St. Martin, Hurley, Wade, Moss Point, Ocean Springs, Gautier, Escatawpa and two in Pascagoula along with the main office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch”
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three