Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch
Published: June 22,2012
PASCAGOULA — Merchants & Marine Bank is opening its first Alabama branch in Gulf Shores.
Last November, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp approved the bank’s acquisition of Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville. Crossville is in north Alabama.
Bank spokesman Todd Trenchard told the Sun Herald the bank will be known M&M Bank in Alabama. The name change was made in December.
M&M Bank opened its first offices in Pascagoula and Moss Point in 1932 with $25,000 and four employees, when the population of the two cities was 7,000.
It now has branches in Lucedale, St. Martin, Hurley, Wade, Moss Point, Ocean Springs, Gautier, Escatawpa and two in Pascagoula along with the main office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal