Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch
Published: June 22,2012
PASCAGOULA — Merchants & Marine Bank is opening its first Alabama branch in Gulf Shores.
Last November, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp approved the bank’s acquisition of Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville. Crossville is in north Alabama.
Bank spokesman Todd Trenchard told the Sun Herald the bank will be known M&M Bank in Alabama. The name change was made in December.
M&M Bank opened its first offices in Pascagoula and Moss Point in 1932 with $25,000 and four employees, when the population of the two cities was 7,000.
It now has branches in Lucedale, St. Martin, Hurley, Wade, Moss Point, Ocean Springs, Gautier, Escatawpa and two in Pascagoula along with the main office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur