Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch
by Associated Press
Published: June 22,2012
PASCAGOULA — Merchants & Marine Bank is opening its first Alabama branch in Gulf Shores.
Last November, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp approved the bank’s acquisition of Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville. Crossville is in north Alabama.
Bank spokesman Todd Trenchard told the Sun Herald the bank will be known M&M Bank in Alabama. The name change was made in December.
M&M Bank opened its first offices in Pascagoula and Moss Point in 1932 with $25,000 and four employees, when the population of the two cities was 7,000.
It now has branches in Lucedale, St. Martin, Hurley, Wade, Moss Point, Ocean Springs, Gautier, Escatawpa and two in Pascagoula along with the main office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy