Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch
Published: June 22,2012
PASCAGOULA — Merchants & Marine Bank is opening its first Alabama branch in Gulf Shores.
Last November, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp approved the bank’s acquisition of Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville. Crossville is in north Alabama.
Bank spokesman Todd Trenchard told the Sun Herald the bank will be known M&M Bank in Alabama. The name change was made in December.
M&M Bank opened its first offices in Pascagoula and Moss Point in 1932 with $25,000 and four employees, when the population of the two cities was 7,000.
It now has branches in Lucedale, St. Martin, Hurley, Wade, Moss Point, Ocean Springs, Gautier, Escatawpa and two in Pascagoula along with the main office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Merchants & Marine opening first Alabama branch”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015