Barbor named to panel
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Ken Barbor, director of the Hydrographic Science Research Center in the University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science, has been appointed by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration administrator Dr. Jane Lubchenco to serve on the Hydrographic Service Review Panel. The panel is a federal advisory committee that gives NOAA independent advice for improving ocean and coastal navigation products, information, data and services.
Barbor, a retired U.S. Navy admiral, is a past director of the International Hydrographic Bureau in Monaco. His 28-year U.S. Navy career culminated in his command of the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command, where he directed the Navy’ s operational hydrography, oceanography and meteorology.
In 2001 he became the first director of the Hydrographic Science Research Center. He returned to the Center in 2008 following his tenure with the International Hydrographic Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican