Barbor named to panel
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Ken Barbor, director of the Hydrographic Science Research Center in the University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science, has been appointed by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration administrator Dr. Jane Lubchenco to serve on the Hydrographic Service Review Panel. The panel is a federal advisory committee that gives NOAA independent advice for improving ocean and coastal navigation products, information, data and services.
Barbor, a retired U.S. Navy admiral, is a past director of the International Hydrographic Bureau in Monaco. His 28-year U.S. Navy career culminated in his command of the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command, where he directed the Navy’ s operational hydrography, oceanography and meteorology.
In 2001 he became the first director of the Hydrographic Science Research Center. He returned to the Center in 2008 following his tenure with the International Hydrographic Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets