Barbor named to panel
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Ken Barbor, director of the Hydrographic Science Research Center in the University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science, has been appointed by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration administrator Dr. Jane Lubchenco to serve on the Hydrographic Service Review Panel. The panel is a federal advisory committee that gives NOAA independent advice for improving ocean and coastal navigation products, information, data and services.
Barbor, a retired U.S. Navy admiral, is a past director of the International Hydrographic Bureau in Monaco. His 28-year U.S. Navy career culminated in his command of the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command, where he directed the Navy’ s operational hydrography, oceanography and meteorology.
In 2001 he became the first director of the Hydrographic Science Research Center. He returned to the Center in 2008 following his tenure with the International Hydrographic Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41