Barbor named to panel
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Ken Barbor, director of the Hydrographic Science Research Center in the University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science, has been appointed by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration administrator Dr. Jane Lubchenco to serve on the Hydrographic Service Review Panel. The panel is a federal advisory committee that gives NOAA independent advice for improving ocean and coastal navigation products, information, data and services.
Barbor, a retired U.S. Navy admiral, is a past director of the International Hydrographic Bureau in Monaco. His 28-year U.S. Navy career culminated in his command of the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command, where he directed the Navy’ s operational hydrography, oceanography and meteorology.
In 2001 he became the first director of the Hydrographic Science Research Center. He returned to the Center in 2008 following his tenure with the International Hydrographic Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal