Citizens makes magazine’s top 200 banks for third consecutive year
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
PHILADELPHIA — The Citizens Bank has been named a Top 200 bank in the United States by U.S. Banker magazine for the third consecutive year. The rating is based on the past three years’ average return on equity, an industry standard which measures an institutions ability to create profitability based on its net worth and includes all community banks and thrift institutions in the nation with assets less than $2 billion.
The announcement was made in the May 2012 edition of U.S. Banker.
The Citizens Bank was one of two Mississippi-based banks making the Top 200 list, coming in at number 114.
Merchants & Marines Bancorp, Pascagoula, was listed as number 181.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life