Citizens makes magazine’s top 200 banks for third consecutive year
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
PHILADELPHIA — The Citizens Bank has been named a Top 200 bank in the United States by U.S. Banker magazine for the third consecutive year. The rating is based on the past three years’ average return on equity, an industry standard which measures an institutions ability to create profitability based on its net worth and includes all community banks and thrift institutions in the nation with assets less than $2 billion.
The announcement was made in the May 2012 edition of U.S. Banker.
The Citizens Bank was one of two Mississippi-based banks making the Top 200 list, coming in at number 114.
Merchants & Marines Bancorp, Pascagoula, was listed as number 181.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility