Citizens makes magazine’s top 200 banks for third consecutive year
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
PHILADELPHIA — The Citizens Bank has been named a Top 200 bank in the United States by U.S. Banker magazine for the third consecutive year. The rating is based on the past three years’ average return on equity, an industry standard which measures an institutions ability to create profitability based on its net worth and includes all community banks and thrift institutions in the nation with assets less than $2 billion.
The announcement was made in the May 2012 edition of U.S. Banker.
The Citizens Bank was one of two Mississippi-based banks making the Top 200 list, coming in at number 114.
Merchants & Marines Bancorp, Pascagoula, was listed as number 181.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability