Citizens makes magazine’s top 200 banks for third consecutive year
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
PHILADELPHIA — The Citizens Bank has been named a Top 200 bank in the United States by U.S. Banker magazine for the third consecutive year. The rating is based on the past three years’ average return on equity, an industry standard which measures an institutions ability to create profitability based on its net worth and includes all community banks and thrift institutions in the nation with assets less than $2 billion.
The announcement was made in the May 2012 edition of U.S. Banker.
The Citizens Bank was one of two Mississippi-based banks making the Top 200 list, coming in at number 114.
Merchants & Marines Bancorp, Pascagoula, was listed as number 181.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years