Citizens makes magazine’s top 200 banks for third consecutive year
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
PHILADELPHIA — The Citizens Bank has been named a Top 200 bank in the United States by U.S. Banker magazine for the third consecutive year. The rating is based on the past three years’ average return on equity, an industry standard which measures an institutions ability to create profitability based on its net worth and includes all community banks and thrift institutions in the nation with assets less than $2 billion.
The announcement was made in the May 2012 edition of U.S. Banker.
The Citizens Bank was one of two Mississippi-based banks making the Top 200 list, coming in at number 114.
Merchants & Marines Bancorp, Pascagoula, was listed as number 181.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015