College inducts Exley
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Slade Exley, chief administrative officer for Neel-Schaffer Inc. in Jackson, has been inducted into the College of Fellows for the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC). The honor recognizes an ACEC member who through their career has elevated the standards of the engineering profession.
Exley joined Neel-Schaffer in 1983. He has served as project engineer, Transportation Department manager and COO. Additionally, he has been senior vice president of the firm since 1990.
Exley has held several leadership positions in ACEC/Mississippi including president and national director, and for seven years was a member of the association ‘s executive board. He has led training on the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, which defines traffic control standards, and also has helped advance science and engineering at the elementary and middle school levels.
A member of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, Exley is also active with Habitat for Humanity/Metro Jackson advisory board, Boy Scouts of America and Salt and Light Ministry Foundation. He was a commissioned officer in the Mississippi National Guard and the U.S. Army Reserves, Corps of Engineers branch, before retiring as a lieutenant colonel.
He and his wife, Susan, live in Brandon, and have two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders