College inducts Exley
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Slade Exley, chief administrative officer for Neel-Schaffer Inc. in Jackson, has been inducted into the College of Fellows for the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC). The honor recognizes an ACEC member who through their career has elevated the standards of the engineering profession.
Exley joined Neel-Schaffer in 1983. He has served as project engineer, Transportation Department manager and COO. Additionally, he has been senior vice president of the firm since 1990.
Exley has held several leadership positions in ACEC/Mississippi including president and national director, and for seven years was a member of the association ‘s executive board. He has led training on the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, which defines traffic control standards, and also has helped advance science and engineering at the elementary and middle school levels.
A member of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, Exley is also active with Habitat for Humanity/Metro Jackson advisory board, Boy Scouts of America and Salt and Light Ministry Foundation. He was a commissioned officer in the Mississippi National Guard and the U.S. Army Reserves, Corps of Engineers branch, before retiring as a lieutenant colonel.
He and his wife, Susan, live in Brandon, and have two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex