Entergy welcomes Bennett, Johnson
Russell Bennett and Lawrence Johnson have joined Entergy Mississippi Inc.’s governmental affairs department. Bennett will serve as lead governmental affairs executive and Johnson will be manager of regional customer service and governmental affairs.
Bennett, a graduate of the University of Mississippi, most recently served as vice president of government relations for the Mississippi Bankers Association. There, he worked closely with association leadership and membership in evaluating legislative and regulatory proposals and serving as a liaison to government officials and industry groups. Bennett also previously served as a government relations executive for the Mississippi Manufacturers Association and as communications coordinator for the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas.
As Entergy Mississippi ‘s regional customer service manager in Greenville, Johnson managed customer relations, media relations and philanthropic activities for an area serving approximately 145,000 customers. He also served as a local representative and resource for area mayors, county representatives and state legislators. Prior to his work in customer service, Johnson served in roles at Entergy Mississippi ranging from community development to marketing. He began his career as a field artillery officer in the United States Army. Johnson is a graduate of the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete