Entergy welcomes Bennett, Johnson
Russell Bennett and Lawrence Johnson have joined Entergy Mississippi Inc.’s governmental affairs department. Bennett will serve as lead governmental affairs executive and Johnson will be manager of regional customer service and governmental affairs.
Bennett, a graduate of the University of Mississippi, most recently served as vice president of government relations for the Mississippi Bankers Association. There, he worked closely with association leadership and membership in evaluating legislative and regulatory proposals and serving as a liaison to government officials and industry groups. Bennett also previously served as a government relations executive for the Mississippi Manufacturers Association and as communications coordinator for the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas.
As Entergy Mississippi ‘s regional customer service manager in Greenville, Johnson managed customer relations, media relations and philanthropic activities for an area serving approximately 145,000 customers. He also served as a local representative and resource for area mayors, county representatives and state legislators. Prior to his work in customer service, Johnson served in roles at Entergy Mississippi ranging from community development to marketing. He began his career as a field artillery officer in the United States Army. Johnson is a graduate of the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments