Entergy welcomes Bennett, Johnson
Russell Bennett and Lawrence Johnson have joined Entergy Mississippi Inc.’s governmental affairs department. Bennett will serve as lead governmental affairs executive and Johnson will be manager of regional customer service and governmental affairs.
Bennett, a graduate of the University of Mississippi, most recently served as vice president of government relations for the Mississippi Bankers Association. There, he worked closely with association leadership and membership in evaluating legislative and regulatory proposals and serving as a liaison to government officials and industry groups. Bennett also previously served as a government relations executive for the Mississippi Manufacturers Association and as communications coordinator for the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas.
As Entergy Mississippi ‘s regional customer service manager in Greenville, Johnson managed customer relations, media relations and philanthropic activities for an area serving approximately 145,000 customers. He also served as a local representative and resource for area mayors, county representatives and state legislators. Prior to his work in customer service, Johnson served in roles at Entergy Mississippi ranging from community development to marketing. He began his career as a field artillery officer in the United States Army. Johnson is a graduate of the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager