Herrin, Bell voted in
Stockholders of Southern Ag Credit recently re-elected Glen D. Herrin of Purvis and elected Bryan Scott Bell of Lena to the cooperative’s board of directors. Herrin was first elected to the board in 2009. He is a manager and vice president of the Purvis-based Southgate Timber Company.
Herrin has served on the board of trustees of the Mississippi Forestry Foundation and is a director and former president of the Mississippi Forestry Association. In addition, he served on the Governor’s Recovery Task Force after Hurricane Katrina. He is a longtime member of the State Implementation Committee for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Mississippi Loggers Association.
Bell is the general manager and part-owner of Bell Farms Inc. He has been farming for more than 15 years. He is an alderman in the town of Lena and is vice president of the Lena Water Works board of directors.
Herrin and Bell will serve three-year terms on the Southern AgCredit board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending