Herrin, Bell voted in
Stockholders of Southern Ag Credit recently re-elected Glen D. Herrin of Purvis and elected Bryan Scott Bell of Lena to the cooperative’s board of directors. Herrin was first elected to the board in 2009. He is a manager and vice president of the Purvis-based Southgate Timber Company.
Herrin has served on the board of trustees of the Mississippi Forestry Foundation and is a director and former president of the Mississippi Forestry Association. In addition, he served on the Governor’s Recovery Task Force after Hurricane Katrina. He is a longtime member of the State Implementation Committee for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Mississippi Loggers Association.
Bell is the general manager and part-owner of Bell Farms Inc. He has been farming for more than 15 years. He is an alderman in the town of Lena and is vice president of the Lena Water Works board of directors.
Herrin and Bell will serve three-year terms on the Southern AgCredit board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy