Herrin, Bell voted in
Stockholders of Southern Ag Credit recently re-elected Glen D. Herrin of Purvis and elected Bryan Scott Bell of Lena to the cooperative’s board of directors. Herrin was first elected to the board in 2009. He is a manager and vice president of the Purvis-based Southgate Timber Company.
Herrin has served on the board of trustees of the Mississippi Forestry Foundation and is a director and former president of the Mississippi Forestry Association. In addition, he served on the Governor’s Recovery Task Force after Hurricane Katrina. He is a longtime member of the State Implementation Committee for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Mississippi Loggers Association.
Bell is the general manager and part-owner of Bell Farms Inc. He has been farming for more than 15 years. He is an alderman in the town of Lena and is vice president of the Lena Water Works board of directors.
Herrin and Bell will serve three-year terms on the Southern AgCredit board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015