Herrin, Bell voted in
Stockholders of Southern Ag Credit recently re-elected Glen D. Herrin of Purvis and elected Bryan Scott Bell of Lena to the cooperative’s board of directors. Herrin was first elected to the board in 2009. He is a manager and vice president of the Purvis-based Southgate Timber Company.
Herrin has served on the board of trustees of the Mississippi Forestry Foundation and is a director and former president of the Mississippi Forestry Association. In addition, he served on the Governor’s Recovery Task Force after Hurricane Katrina. He is a longtime member of the State Implementation Committee for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Mississippi Loggers Association.
Bell is the general manager and part-owner of Bell Farms Inc. He has been farming for more than 15 years. He is an alderman in the town of Lena and is vice president of the Lena Water Works board of directors.
Herrin and Bell will serve three-year terms on the Southern AgCredit board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center