King picked for team
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Roger King, director of Mississippi State University’s Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems, recently was appointed to lead an exploratory team developing new armored vehicles for North Atlantic Treaty Organization forces. Formally titled “Design and Protection Technologies for Land and Amphibious NATO Vehicles,” the project is focused on protection against landmine explosions and improvised explosive device attacks while maintaining a high level of maneuverability.
In addition to MSU’s highest academic rank as a Giles Distinguished Professor, King, a University of Wales doctoral graduate, holds the CAVS Endowed Chair in the Bagley College of Engineering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi