King picked for team
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Roger King, director of Mississippi State University’s Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems, recently was appointed to lead an exploratory team developing new armored vehicles for North Atlantic Treaty Organization forces. Formally titled “Design and Protection Technologies for Land and Amphibious NATO Vehicles,” the project is focused on protection against landmine explosions and improvised explosive device attacks while maintaining a high level of maneuverability.
In addition to MSU’s highest academic rank as a Giles Distinguished Professor, King, a University of Wales doctoral graduate, holds the CAVS Endowed Chair in the Bagley College of Engineering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators