MMA recognizes Showah
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Willy Showah, precision manufacturing and machining technology instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (MGCCC) in Gautier, is the recipient of the 2012 Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA) Award for Excellence in Vocational Education. Showah won largely because of his efforts to integrate MGCCC ‘s precision manufacturing and machining technology program with the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Level 1 certifications. He also has taught skills upgrade and apprenticeship classes for several local companies, and also includes local companies on his program advisory council.
Showah holds a machine tool operations diploma from MGCCC and an associate of applied science in occupational education. Showah is currently working on his bachelor ‘s degree through the University of Southern Mississippi while serving as campus lead advisor for SkillsUSA.
Prior to MGCCC, Showah was employed with Mississippi Power Company and Mobile Pulley & Machine Works in Mobile, Ala.
In 2006-07, Showah was honored by the Educational Communications Scholarship Foundation with an acknowledgement of excellence as Who ‘s Who Among American ‘s Teachers. He also holds all of the level one certification through NIMS and has two certifications in Level 2.
Showah and his wife of 24 years, Beth, live in Vancleave. He has two stepchildren, Josh and Adraine, and one son, Willy III.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval