MMA recognizes Showah
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Willy Showah, precision manufacturing and machining technology instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (MGCCC) in Gautier, is the recipient of the 2012 Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA) Award for Excellence in Vocational Education. Showah won largely because of his efforts to integrate MGCCC ‘s precision manufacturing and machining technology program with the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Level 1 certifications. He also has taught skills upgrade and apprenticeship classes for several local companies, and also includes local companies on his program advisory council.
Showah holds a machine tool operations diploma from MGCCC and an associate of applied science in occupational education. Showah is currently working on his bachelor ‘s degree through the University of Southern Mississippi while serving as campus lead advisor for SkillsUSA.
Prior to MGCCC, Showah was employed with Mississippi Power Company and Mobile Pulley & Machine Works in Mobile, Ala.
In 2006-07, Showah was honored by the Educational Communications Scholarship Foundation with an acknowledgement of excellence as Who ‘s Who Among American ‘s Teachers. He also holds all of the level one certification through NIMS and has two certifications in Level 2.
Showah and his wife of 24 years, Beth, live in Vancleave. He has two stepchildren, Josh and Adraine, and one son, Willy III.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years