MMA recognizes Showah
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Willy Showah, precision manufacturing and machining technology instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (MGCCC) in Gautier, is the recipient of the 2012 Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA) Award for Excellence in Vocational Education. Showah won largely because of his efforts to integrate MGCCC ‘s precision manufacturing and machining technology program with the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Level 1 certifications. He also has taught skills upgrade and apprenticeship classes for several local companies, and also includes local companies on his program advisory council.
Showah holds a machine tool operations diploma from MGCCC and an associate of applied science in occupational education. Showah is currently working on his bachelor ‘s degree through the University of Southern Mississippi while serving as campus lead advisor for SkillsUSA.
Prior to MGCCC, Showah was employed with Mississippi Power Company and Mobile Pulley & Machine Works in Mobile, Ala.
In 2006-07, Showah was honored by the Educational Communications Scholarship Foundation with an acknowledgement of excellence as Who ‘s Who Among American ‘s Teachers. He also holds all of the level one certification through NIMS and has two certifications in Level 2.
Showah and his wife of 24 years, Beth, live in Vancleave. He has two stepchildren, Josh and Adraine, and one son, Willy III.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House