Reeves appoints Heidelberg
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Attorney Jimmy Heidelberg has been elected chairman of the Mississippi State Oil & Gas Board. He will represent the Oil & Gas Board before the Mississippi Legislature and serve as liaison with state agencies including the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) through April 2016.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves recently appointed Heidelberg to the board for a second four-year term. The Mississippi State Senate confirmed Heidelberg ‘s appointment May 2.
Heidelberg is a lifelong resident of Pascagoula. He has practiced law in Pascagoula since his admission to the Mississippi Bar in January 1978. He represents several Mississippi governmental agencies and political subdivisions. Heidelberg is an approved attorney for the Mississippi Tort Claims Board. In 2003, he received the Mississippi State Bar Distinguished Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement