Reeves appoints Heidelberg
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Attorney Jimmy Heidelberg has been elected chairman of the Mississippi State Oil & Gas Board. He will represent the Oil & Gas Board before the Mississippi Legislature and serve as liaison with state agencies including the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) through April 2016.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves recently appointed Heidelberg to the board for a second four-year term. The Mississippi State Senate confirmed Heidelberg ‘s appointment May 2.
Heidelberg is a lifelong resident of Pascagoula. He has practiced law in Pascagoula since his admission to the Mississippi Bar in January 1978. He represents several Mississippi governmental agencies and political subdivisions. Heidelberg is an approved attorney for the Mississippi Tort Claims Board. In 2003, he received the Mississippi State Bar Distinguished Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability