Reeves appoints Heidelberg
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Attorney Jimmy Heidelberg has been elected chairman of the Mississippi State Oil & Gas Board. He will represent the Oil & Gas Board before the Mississippi Legislature and serve as liaison with state agencies including the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) through April 2016.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves recently appointed Heidelberg to the board for a second four-year term. The Mississippi State Senate confirmed Heidelberg ‘s appointment May 2.
Heidelberg is a lifelong resident of Pascagoula. He has practiced law in Pascagoula since his admission to the Mississippi Bar in January 1978. He represents several Mississippi governmental agencies and political subdivisions. Heidelberg is an approved attorney for the Mississippi Tort Claims Board. In 2003, he received the Mississippi State Bar Distinguished Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Judge: Caesars can demolish Harrah's casino in Mississippi