Reeves appoints Heidelberg
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
Attorney Jimmy Heidelberg has been elected chairman of the Mississippi State Oil & Gas Board. He will represent the Oil & Gas Board before the Mississippi Legislature and serve as liaison with state agencies including the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) through April 2016.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves recently appointed Heidelberg to the board for a second four-year term. The Mississippi State Senate confirmed Heidelberg ‘s appointment May 2.
Heidelberg is a lifelong resident of Pascagoula. He has practiced law in Pascagoula since his admission to the Mississippi Bar in January 1978. He represents several Mississippi governmental agencies and political subdivisions. Heidelberg is an approved attorney for the Mississippi Tort Claims Board. In 2003, he received the Mississippi State Bar Distinguished Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015