Sealed Air Corp. expanding, adding jobs at Grenada plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
GRENADA — Sealed Air Corporation, manufacturer of protective packaging and performance-based materials, is expanding operations at its facility in the Industrial Air Park facility in Grenada.
The expansion, which will enable the company to take advantage of new market opportunities, follows the downsizing of company plants in the northeast U.S. The project represents a company investment of $3 million and will create 10 new jobs at the Grenada facility, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
The MDA worked with company and local officials to provide assistance in support of the project through the Momentum Mississippi Incentives program.
“The excellent work ethics through the years of the employees of the Grenada facility have greatly influenced the confidence factor for the corporation to continue to grow and expand in this area,” said David Kinard, Sealed Air Grenada plant manager. “I would like to recognize and thank the employees at the Grenada plant for their dedication and hard work. They deserve the credit for helping the Grenada area grow economically.”
Sealed Air Corporation, with operations in 51 countries, is a global innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of protective packaging and performance-based materials for many consumer and industrial markets. The company employs over 16,000 and has over 100 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)