Sealed Air Corp. expanding, adding jobs at Grenada plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
GRENADA — Sealed Air Corporation, manufacturer of protective packaging and performance-based materials, is expanding operations at its facility in the Industrial Air Park facility in Grenada.
The expansion, which will enable the company to take advantage of new market opportunities, follows the downsizing of company plants in the northeast U.S. The project represents a company investment of $3 million and will create 10 new jobs at the Grenada facility, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
The MDA worked with company and local officials to provide assistance in support of the project through the Momentum Mississippi Incentives program.
“The excellent work ethics through the years of the employees of the Grenada facility have greatly influenced the confidence factor for the corporation to continue to grow and expand in this area,” said David Kinard, Sealed Air Grenada plant manager. “I would like to recognize and thank the employees at the Grenada plant for their dedication and hard work. They deserve the credit for helping the Grenada area grow economically.”
Sealed Air Corporation, with operations in 51 countries, is a global innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of protective packaging and performance-based materials for many consumer and industrial markets. The company employs over 16,000 and has over 100 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex