Timber Products expanding its operations in Corinth
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
CORINTH — Timber Products Company, manufacturer of various wood products, is expanding operations at its hardwood plywood facility in Corinth by adding a clear ultraviolet plywood finishing process at the plant.
The project represents a company investment of $350,000 and will create up to four new jobs and help retain the company’s 50 current employees, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA). Timber Products has been located in Corinth for nearly 20 years.
The MDA provided assistance through the Job Protection Grant program for building modifications in support of this project. The Tennessee Valley Authority and The Alliance of Corinth and Alcorn County provided assistance for building modifications, as well.
“This expansion is providing us with a more diversified product offering, allowing us to enter new markets, create new jobs and help protect existing jobs,” said Bud Reaves, division controller for Timber Products.
Founded in 1918, Timber Products is headquartered in Springfield, Ore. The company offers a wide range of diversified wood products and specializes in hardwood plywood. One of the largest material suppliers to the U.S. kitchen cabinet industry, Timber Products owns eight manufacturing facilities across the country, an international division and 112,000 acres of forestland in North California.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House