Timber Products expanding its operations in Corinth
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2012
CORINTH — Timber Products Company, manufacturer of various wood products, is expanding operations at its hardwood plywood facility in Corinth by adding a clear ultraviolet plywood finishing process at the plant.
The project represents a company investment of $350,000 and will create up to four new jobs and help retain the company’s 50 current employees, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA). Timber Products has been located in Corinth for nearly 20 years.
The MDA provided assistance through the Job Protection Grant program for building modifications in support of this project. The Tennessee Valley Authority and The Alliance of Corinth and Alcorn County provided assistance for building modifications, as well.
“This expansion is providing us with a more diversified product offering, allowing us to enter new markets, create new jobs and help protect existing jobs,” said Bud Reaves, division controller for Timber Products.
Founded in 1918, Timber Products is headquartered in Springfield, Ore. The company offers a wide range of diversified wood products and specializes in hardwood plywood. One of the largest material suppliers to the U.S. kitchen cabinet industry, Timber Products owns eight manufacturing facilities across the country, an international division and 112,000 acres of forestland in North California.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years